P155 take service costs

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

Just rang to get our T3 serviced, 12 months old with 7K miles.

Quoted £300 for a minor service, which they tell me includes Oil Change, Oil Filter, Air and Pollen filter and then waffled on about software updates and safety checks.
£300 for essentially an oil change is ridiculous, and software updates are free on a car whilst its in warranty anyway!

Anyone managed to get a reasonable price for servicing or are they just ripping us all off?

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Were you not offered the 3 years for £399 or 5 Years for £599 when you brought the car?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

No, we had to source the car from a dealer 150 miles away due to supply times and the fact the Mill Volvo in Newcastle seemed to offer much better deals.
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

According to the Volvo website it is possible to purchase a service plan up to 2 years after purchasing a new car. Get a plan quotation on the website, they offer from 2 to 6 years apparantly, and I think it will probably give a significant saving. You can also choose any Volvo dealer to suit you.
T5 R Design Pro AWD in Bursting Blue with Xenium, Winter Plus, Intellisafe and Convenience packs
Db55

Post by Db55 »

I did purchase a plan ,in my case all they do is take the length of the plan ie total costs of all services in that timescale divided by months to give you a monthly payment , in my case it was £300+£400+£300=£1000 payment is £41 per month no cheaper!
T5 FE, osmium grey
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

We initially opted for the paint protection but after much research and advise on here, we decided to throw it in and opted for the 5 year plan instead at £599. We had a service plan on the Mini (they call it TLC). The only additional costs were a couple of brake fluid changes which they insist on.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I was very surprised that I could not see the service plans on the price and specification brochure. I bought the 3 year plan.
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

can anybody see how they can justify £300 for a service. Genuine parts supplied for a major service which includes plugs are £59 from Newcastle (MILL) Volvo on eBay.
All the nonsense about safety checks and software is just to make it sound bettter.

Has anyone challenged them with their price promise, and am i Reading correctly that they will match ANY garage using genuine parts?

We will always provide real value for money and transparent pricing.
Your car will receive the right service at the right time and the price you pay will be provided to you before work starts. We will also match any like for like written quote for a Volvo Service using the correct oil and Volvo genuine parts from any garage within 5 miles. Our pricing is also available online by visiting our Service Price Indicator
-
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Having had several Landrover Freelanders over the years the typical annual service at the dealers was over £400 and that was three years ago!