oil level after service

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

ACertainAge wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:32 am Took my XC40 D3 car in today for its first service and explained about the 'oil overfilled' message I get repeatedly. Was told by the mechanic, my apologies, 'Technician' that Volvo are aware of the problem, and they do a software update and fill up with 4.7L of oil, as opposed to 5.2L. Will advise on the gauge level when I collect the car.
About 3/4 full. Happy with that.

ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Faced the same problem after the 1st year service. Technician mentioned the note that Volvo send them instructing them to fill with less oil the engine due to the possible overfill problem.
This action led to this problem which was resolved by adding some more oil.
I am guessing the sensor should have been calibrated along with the reduced level of oil but that was not included in the note.
WayneL

Post by WayneL »

Hi, do you still get this issue, as I do, I’ve the 3rd incident for this issue arise in the last 2 months ? I’ve raised it with Volvo directly and am now waiting to hear from them.
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

Oil level was Ok after my last service in September, but I still keep some spare in the boot in case. My problem was not high oil level but low oil warning as the dealer had been told by Volvo not to overfill to avoid the high warning alarm (in fact to ensure the level is below 50%) .
D4 R-design in black.