Launch event chat

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Just spoken to a guy tonight who has just ordered an FE. Maybe this dealer has some additional pre-booked slots?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21โ€, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Just got back from my dealer event in Doncaster - Had my exact spec car in Crystal white, 20" wheels and Lava Orange, plus a metallic red one with black interior.

Well happy with my choice, and very impressed with build quality and tactile feeling of surfaces etc.... Plenty of room inside too :)

Appears that Volvo are opening up the order books for FE's again BUT - Will only be for a few days into next week (what my dealer principle been told), and will only have 19" wheels and no headlamp wash. Final point is that there will be no further orders for T5 versions.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
wakey

Post by wakey »

Nice little touch, this comes with the welcome pack ๐Ÿ˜Ž

B541E6B1-6C40-465E-B832-C511C8B4F236.jpeg

Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20โ€ Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

I also heard no more T5s.

Left @ 20:45 before the end - delayed announcement of prize winners.

Did anyone win the speakers or an ACTUAL XC40?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21โ€, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
wakey

Post by wakey »

pjm007 wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:00 pm I also heard no more T5s.

Left @ 20:45 before the end - delayed announcement of prize winners.

Did anyone win the speakers or an ACTUAL XC40?
Results of the draw went to adjudication to confirm that none of the winners (car or 100 x sound systems) were won by any Volvo staff or immediate family.
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20โ€ Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
Chrismgreen

Post by Chrismgreen »

Got to dealer early 17:15 and 3 cars already parked in showroom and ready to view etc. 2D4 and 1 T5. One red two white.
Agreed purchase and confirmed order and p/x price of my evoque before they had got cling film off the sandwiches! Out by 17:30!

On seeing concerns earlier in the week in this forum I had rang dealer and asked him why bother going if no orders could be taken... He seemed confused and was in the dark awaiting some clarity from Volvo. However he said he had 3 confirmed dealer required cars 1t5 and 2D4's for test drives and courtesy cars but would assign one to me if I confirmed deal on launch night... True to his word one crystal white D4 is 'possibly' delivery date 1st week April with my name on it.

So currently very impressed with dealers customer care and attention. (proof will be in the pudding) ' as they say come April.

Dropping in tomorrow to sort out paperwork as he was slightly!! busy by 17:30.......
XC40 FE | D4 | Crystal White | Black interior: delivery date? Got it end April..
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Went to launch evening feeling a bit pessimistic but was assured my car will be at the dealers on 13th March,with 20" wheels and headlight washers.well pleased.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
PC40

Post by PC40 »

Went to launch event tonight. Lots of people there. Dealer had a Crystal white D4 and Bursting blue T5. First time Iโ€™ve seen the blue other than on screen or in print. Iโ€™m very pleased with my choice. Hoping to get delivery date confirmed tomorrow.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

wakey wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:15 pmIn the rear
Clearly these are standard launch accessories!!

On my visit to Maidenhead back in December they went one (or two) better and when discussing boot space, firstly from behind the curtains appeared ski's, and then as the discussion went on golf clubs. I still wonder what else might have been available.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Well attended the event last night in GUildford. I have to say I was impressed with the car and my impression is that it is bigger than had imagined. Have a test drive booked for next Wednesday.
However the BIG disappointment for me is that I was told that the dealers will probably NOT have the Inscription/Momentum variants until either June or July. I want an Inscription variant. So I will have to wait until I have the opportunity to test that variant's seats.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.