Launch event chat

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
bec21xc40

Post by bec21xc40 »

Went to Stourbridge launch. They only had one car in, a Bursting Blue D4.
Very impressed & glad I ordered mine, apparently got one of the last petrol engines
Black T5 FE ......my own black beauty

XC40NI

Post by XC40NI »

I managed to attend the launch event at SMW Volvo Belfast. They a FE Butsting Blue and Fusion Red models outside and a Crystal White FE with Lava Orange Carpets.

The reaction to the vehicle was very positive from all who attended, and plenty of people were arranging test drives.

SMW are only getting 5 FE XC40’s to sell according to their sales rep.

Interestingly I found out they cant order non FE models yet...I found this strange, however it ties in with the UK website as you can only spec out the FE at the moment.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Been to look at it tonight at a dealer I had ordered an xc60 from.

Have to say it looks great and I’m very tempted as they can get me a first edition. It looks like I’m having to cancel my xc60 order so just need to decide what to do this weekend.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Stockholmsyndrome

Post by Stockholmsyndrome »

wakey wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:15 pmIn the rear
That is the same selection of junk in the back of the one at Volvo West London....
abby606

Post by abby606 »

XC40NI wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm I managed to attend the launch event at SMW Volvo Belfast.
Are you buying one? How was the service if you are?
XC40NI

Post by XC40NI »

abby606 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:03 pm
XC40NI wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm I managed to attend the launch event at SMW Volvo Belfast.
Are you buying one? How was the service if you are?
The people at Volvo were nice couldnt fault them.

I am currently waiting on a D3 auto R Design have been since December... I was told at the launch event they couldnt order it from Volvo UK - That has hopefully changed as the full range is now on Volvo UK’s website.

Did you attend the SMW launch yourself?
abby606

Post by abby606 »

XC40NI wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm Did you attend the SMW launch yourself?
No I couldn't make it and my chances of winning one would have been pretty slim! I'm finding it frustrating that things keep on changing, e.g. I went to the dealership the day after the launch event and the pricelist was Edition 2, it's now Edition 5 and the prices are slightly different and there is now a chassis option. I wanted an Inscription trim so bits and pieces of info have been trickled out over the months which isn't great.

I've got some good discount offers from some dealers but can't get either in NI to get close to them but I'd rather not travel to collect. Just getting kind of fed up really lol
XC40NI

Post by XC40NI »

abby606 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:13 pm
XC40NI wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm Did you attend the SMW launch yourself?
I've got some good discount offers from some dealers but can't get either in NI to get close to them but I'd rather not travel to collect. Just getting kind of fed up really lol
NI’s dealers network is atrocious for discounts, essentially there is no competition so they dont offer discount - its a case of take it or leave it.

Have you thought about using Woodside Haulage?

They will collect your car from various dealers on the mainland UK for £300-ish and deliver it to your home address. The car will be tranported on the back of one of their vehicle transporters...just a thought and you will still be quids in 😊
abby606

Post by abby606 »

XC40NI wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 pm NI’s dealers network is atrocious for discounts, essentially there is no competition so they dont offer discount - its a case of take it or leave it.

That's a good idea, must look into that!

I get they've got the market cornered here but it's not that much of a stretch to deal with dealers elsewhere in the UK - surely over time it will cost them. I'm fairly young so they're missing out on a potential long term customer (though I know that's worth next to nothing these days!).
XC40NI

Post by XC40NI »

abby606 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am
XC40NI wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 pm NI’s dealers network is atrocious for discounts, essentially there is no competition so they dont offer discount - its a case of take it or leave it.

That's a good idea, must look into that!

I get they've got the market cornered here but it's not that much of a stretch to deal with dealers elsewhere in the UK - surely over time it will cost them. I'm fairly young so they're missing out on a potential long term customer (though I know that's worth next to nothing these days!).
:D Good luck hope it works out for you and theres a XC40 sitting on your driveway soon 👍🏻