Seat position not reliably changing with key

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pdw

Post by pdw »

I've recently bought an XC40 and am struggling to get the memory seats working reliably. I've set up two driver profiles, tied them to two different keys, and set the seat position and it all appears to work perfectly. If I unlock the car with one key, it switches profile and seat position. If I then lock the car and open it with the other key, it switches profile and seat position as expected.

Come to drive the car a couple of days later, open the car with my key and it switches to my profile, but the seat doesn't adjust.

Has anyone else had this and figured it out? I've found a few other threads with people struggling with this, but no clear answer.

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

Mine overall work as expected with one exception. My son drove the car using my key fob and adjusted the seat to hi liking. After he used the car a couple of times my Key would no longer adjust to my profile settings and I had to re-save the seat positions to my profile. The seat positions using the buttons on the door did not change and it was east to re-position the seat and then save to my profile again.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I had the same problem. You have to lock the driver profile in settings otherwise it will revert to how the seat was when it was locked with whichever key.
Lukas661

Post by Lukas661 »

Hi do you think that will do the trick
And make the seat go to the position what is set
To when you open the car without pressing P1 or p2
On the door ?
My garage told me is softer problems and will not work nothing the can do
I spend 12000 £ for extra in my xc40 and not that is not working driving me crazy and Volvo telling me is ok not big deal it is for me I know what I’m getting and now stuff not working properly !!
What can I do
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Lukas661 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 am Hi do you think that will do the trick
On the door ?
I spend 12000 £ for extra in my xc40 and not that is not working driving me crazy and Volvo telling me is ok not big deal it is for me I know what I’m getting and now stuff not working properly !!
What can I do
Have you locked your profiles? it could be as simple at that to fix this problem.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Lukas661 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 am Hi do you think that will do the trick
On the door ?
What can I do
Suggest if they don’t help solve it, you’ll reject the car. Might make them sit up and listen.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

I initially had similar issues. One day I locked the profile, made a tiny change to the seat position, and then locked it again. I did this for each profile. I haven't had any issues since. Whether it was just a temporary problem which would have sorted itself out anyway, or whether what I did "fixed" it, I can't say,....
T4 Fusion Red Momentum with Technology Pack (ACC, Pilot Assist, 360 camera, Park Assist Pilot).
Lukas661

Post by Lukas661 »

1/ Seat Memory-Unfortunately there is no current fix to rectify your concerns with this function. Volvo have informed us that there should be a fix between Late Oct 2019 and End of Dec 2019. Volvo Factory suggest creating new profiles, setting the memory, and ticking the box “Protect / lock my Profile” in the profile section on your centre screen.

4/ Loud Scratching noise from cabin area when using electrical components- The Factory in Sweden are aware of this intermittent issue and are currently working on a fix for this. I will update you once the factory have issued a fix so this can be rectified. There is currently no date for this fix.

That is just 2 answers from 11 different issues I have with the car now is 7 day at the garage my car is just
2,5 month old
I don’t know what I can do please device me
Thanks
Halichopter

Post by Halichopter »

My problem is that I will bring my key in the car and the car still has my wife's profile.