What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

scol wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:49 pm
Trickster wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:17 pm
scol wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:41 pm I have just found out that it weighs almost exactly the same as my Q7 which I find really surprising!
Huh? Unladen weight of a Q7 according to Audi is 2165kg. Running order weight of an XC40 is around 1756kg. Min kerb weight is around 1685kg.or are you comparing an EV model?
Interesting, according to to the Volvo App my Mild Hybrid B5 AWD weight 5026 lbs which is 2280 Kg. I did find a couple of other reference that confirmed this but will look at the data plate tomorrow as it does seem unbelievable.
2280kg is the maximum loaded weight - so including passengers, luggage and do on.

BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Trickster is bang on.
The app quotes the Gross Weight (total weight the car can carry) but it’s the Kerb Weight which is the actual weight of a car with fluids (oil & water) but no passengers or luggage.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

Having take the car to some scottish islands recently, I found there is a ‘ferry’ setting on the alarm, to desensitised it so it doesn’t go off when locked but being ‘rock and rolled’ in the car levels when crossing.
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

When I first had my XC40 in Sept 2018 we went on the IoW ferry. As the car was new I didn't know how to turn off the car alarm (easy when I found out) - but clearly most other drivers didn't know how to turn theirs off either!
D4 R-design in black.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

That using the scroll wheel to control the lights has a tiny amount of haptic / audio feedback. It's so quiet that you can't hear it when you're moving.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this or not.

Whilst away on holiday, with the 2-week old car 250 miles away on my drive, it texted me to inform me that the alarm had been activated, and that I might like to check it.

It was quite a surprise, as I had no expectation of such messaging (the 'phone number was presumably obtained via my Volvo Account or the App).

I got a neighbour to check it out (all was well), and when I returned, the alarm indicator was consistent with it having been tripped. A couple of days later I noted my NT sticker, which had been on the windscreen, was in the passenger footwell. I can only surmise that it had fluttered down there and set off the internal sensors. I've had no further incidents.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

similar happened to me visiting a NT property - got an alert to say the alarm was going . Rushed out to check - the dashcam had fallen off the screen and set off the alarm. Now I always remove the dashcam when parked!
D4 R-design in black.
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

Had exactly the same experience while in a hotel - no longer have the NT sticker in the windscreen!
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

When you send a destination to the car from the app, it goes into the library. When I didn't get a "new destination received" messaeg after sending in the past, I assumed the send had failed and tried again, but have just discovered it is the notification that failed when I hit the "library" tab in the satnav and saw all the unread destinations" !
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

joeldram wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:29 am Having take the car to some scottish islands recently, I found there is a ‘ferry’ setting on the alarm, to desensitised it so it doesn’t go off when locked but being ‘rock and rolled’ in the car levels when crossing.
By "Ferry setting" you mean "Reduced alarm level", right?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018