What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Had the car 3 months now and only just found out there is a warning triangle folded up and stored in a cubby hole in the tail gate. :D
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

That’s one hell of a question. I’m still finding things out about my wife....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I'd had mine for months before spotting the fridge button in the glove box. Also, (thanks to a post on here) I found out you can move the order of the buttons on the main screen (cruise, headrests, camera etc) so the ones you use are in a sensible place :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Today as I gave the car its first Hoover out I noticed the little Swedish flag on the drivers seat for the first time.

20190930_114911.jpg

XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
xfield

Post by xfield »

I've realised, or at least I think I can guide the car as to when to kick in the stop/start when stopped on auto hold. Press the brake softly, and the engine will stay running, giving it a firmer push and the engine will be stopped. Find it useful when creeping at a junction and want a quick start to join traffic.

Also realised today the car has an "airwoofer" - I thought that was only available on the Harmon Kardon upgrade.
Inscription Pro | D4 AWD | Denim Blue | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:37 am I'd had mine for months before spotting the fridge button in the glove box. Also, (thanks to a post on here) I found out you can move the order of the buttons on the main screen (cruise, headrests, camera etc) so the ones you use are in a sensible place :)

ohh, how do you change the order? tried searching to no avail!
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Press and hold your finger on the button. Move it to where you want it on the screen, and release.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

How difficult it is to wash!! Coming from a Mini to this is a shock - in a nice way.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

xfield wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:03 pm I've realised, or at least I think I can guide the car as to when to kick in the stop/start when stopped on auto hold. Press the brake softly, and the engine will stay running, giving it a firmer push and the engine will be stopped. Find it useful when creeping at a junction and want a quick start to join traffic.
I too have noticed this, but having not read anything about it anywhere, I thought I was just making it up. Good to have independent confirmation!
T4 Fusion Red Momentum with Technology Pack (ACC, Pilot Assist, 360 camera, Park Assist Pilot).
Tangsoodo

Post by Tangsoodo »

Just found out that if in cruise control when you press the up down buttons the speed increases by 1mph at lower speeds but when you are cruising at 70-80 then each press jumps the speed in approx 5mph increments. Nice if over taking at higher speeds