What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Blue Velvet wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm Momentum Pro D3:

You can cool your drinks in the glove compartment. The dealership didn’t even know that.
Strangely, it isn’t lockable - misplaced priorities!
My glove compartment is lockable......I have a separate key for it..
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

I've just looked at the manual as I have two keys for my glovebox, which does lock. In the manual the lock is down as an optional extra for some specs. That will explain why Blue Velvets may not have a key.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Paulinyork wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:05 pm I've just looked at the manual as I have two keys for my glovebox, which does lock. In the manual the lock is down as an optional extra for some specs. That will explain why Blue Velvets may not have a key.
Ha! You got my keys Paulinyork...ha ha ha!

There appears to be some mixing and matching going on.
I have had mine Momentum D3 since March 19, have only just discovered a button that opens the boot...and a Sim Card slot in the boot as well..
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

alanplum241276 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:39 pm
Blue Velvet wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm Momentum Pro D3:

You can cool your drinks in the glove compartment. The dealership didn’t even know that.
Strangely, it isn’t lockable - misplaced priorities!
My glove compartment is lockable......I have a separate key for it..
At Alanplum, yours is top of the range, whilst mine is at the bottom of the spec...but still love it 😍
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

DB2k wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:45 am Well yesterday I changed lanes from being behind a van into a lane that was stationary. I had plenty of time to slow down sensibly as in not slamming the brakes on. the car did not agree, and like a constricting anaconda, the seat belts for both front passengers were pulled in tight. A motor actually dragged them in. not had that before.
I do find the car is very nervous. beeps going off all the time about things getting too close or the brakes going and stopping me doing what im trying to do. esp when reversing.
I like the personification of the car “I find the car is very nervous!” Mine overreacts, seeing imaginary objects ahead and trying to stop the car...collision warning sounds and flashing red car image...
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Blue Velvet wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:23 pm
Paulinyork wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:05 pm I've just looked at the manual as I have two keys for my glovebox, which does lock. In the manual the lock is down as an optional extra for some specs. That will explain why Blue Velvets may not have a key.
Ha! You got my keys Paulinyork...ha ha ha!

There appears to be some mixing and matching going on.
I have had mine Momentum D3 since March 19, have only just discovered a button that opens the boot...and a Sim Card slot in the boot as well..
Thing I don't like about Volvo 😀. I also have a button for the boot. It lights up and is an actual button, it presses in when I push it. BUT because I don't have an auto opening boot the button when pressed does absolutely nothing!!

Why don't they blank it off and remove the button.

Same in the steering wheel, I have the buttons for adaptive cruise control, but I don't have adaptive cruise control so the buttons are just for "show". Volvo - take the buttons away.

Any other car I've ever had if the car hasn't got the spec, the buttons aren't included.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Number6 are you sure the tailgate button does nothing? You do need to hold it in for a few seconds before it activates. I thought the button was specifically for opening the tailgate when you DON'T have auto opening.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:30 pm Number6 are you sure the tailgate button does nothing? You do need to hold it in for a few seconds before it activates. I thought the button was specifically for opening the tailgate when you DON'T have auto opening.

Thanks, I'll check, in the morning
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:30 pm Number6 are you sure the tailgate button does nothing? You do need to hold it in for a few seconds before it activates. I thought the button was specifically for opening the tailgate when you DON'T have auto opening.
Checked, the button does nothing. I'm thinking How can it, my tailgate doesn't have auto opening, so it isn't powered, just has gas struts.

Pressing, pressing and holding, does nothing. The button is a button, it even lights up, but I can't see what it's for. Anyone out there without the powered tailgate function have a functioning button, or is it really just for show?
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I don’t have the powered tailgate and my button unlocks the boot.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel