What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

That if you rotate the sun visor round to the side it hits you in the eye! Closer and/or longer than my tig's sun visors! :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I found the little prop under the boot floor, to keep the floor up whilst you fiddle underneath!
---

Post by --- »

There is a little fuel spout, in the foam around the spare tyre in the boot, that you need to stick-in to be able to fill up from a fuel can. Never needed to use it, but that's what the Volvo manual says it's for! https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ma ... lling-fuel
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

Tangsoodo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 pm Just found out that if in cruise control when you press the up down buttons the speed increases by 1mph at lower speeds but when you are cruising at 70-80 then each press jumps the speed in approx 5mph increments. Nice if over taking at higher speeds
I'm not sure this is the case, on mine it goes in 5mph increments at any speed UNLESS you press the accelerator, in which case it is 1 mph. This is adaptive CC, so non-adaptive may be different, it was irritating me that it always did 5 mph changes, apart from very occasionally, and I have just figured out when it doesn't.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

5mph for quick press. 1mph if you hold down the button, which seems to me should be the other way round.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:39 pm 5mph for quick press. 1mph if you hold down the button, which seems to me should be the other way round.
Yup that's it, bit counter intuitive but that's how it works🥴🥴
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Audi uses the same method. Handy when on cruise control and the speed limit changes.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
TechnoNerd

Post by TechnoNerd »

While stopped at an intersection waiting to turn, a massive Cadillac Escalade approached from behind at significant speed. In milliseconds both front seat belts tightened and locked! My passenger and I were startled by this since we were unaware of what was coming behind us. The Cadillac did stop several feet away and everything was good. There was a message on the drivers display explaining the car's reaction to an impending rear end collision.

I love my Volvo!
2020 XC40 T5 AWD Momentum, Thunder Grey / Oxide Red Leather (US Specs)
Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

Re: cruise control. I think it’s the right way round, i.e. one press for +/- 5mph, and a long press to get exact speed in between.
Speed limits are always multiples of 5mph. If you’re on the motorway and the limits drop to 60, then 2 presses and you’re there.
If you’re holding the button and looking at the speedo then you’re not looking at the road.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

TechnoNerd wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm While stopped at an intersection waiting to turn, a massive Cadillac Escalade approached from behind at significant speed. In milliseconds both front seat belts tightened and locked! My passenger and I were startled by this since we were unaware of what was coming behind us. The Cadillac did stop several feet away and everything was good. There was a message on the drivers display explaining the car's reaction to an impending rear end collision.

I love my Volvo!
Impressive
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras