What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I am not sure why people feel the need to be so judgmental about other people when they really have no idea about the circumstances of somebody else. Maybe it makes them feel morally superior or something. Who knows. There may be people who are in dire need of a car, believed the dealer/manufacturer when given a timeframe, and have received really quite poor communication and other customer service from them in terms of managing the chip shortage. Lack of clear, accurate, and timely communication lies at so much bad service. With regard to selling a car as soon as you get it (or indeed cancelling now and ordering something else), good luck finding another one (especially new) that you like in any kind of decent timeframe! Unfortunately the manufacturers know that and are using that to their full advantage.

Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

Moss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 pm To 4ksantorini, qrt31, and other gentlemen who seem to blame Volvo UK and/or Volvo dealers for the unpredictability of the reduced car production due to chip shortages and for the distribution and logistics challenges the UK faces at the moment, my very sincere advise is to sell your Volvo car as soon as you eventually receive it, and to immediately buy a car from a brand you trust.

It’s a win/win situation : you will get your money back (or better) since demand for the Volvo XC40 is clearly greater than supply at the moment, and you will make the buyer of your brand new Volvo XC40 very happy.

More in general : life is really too short to waste time on buying (or accepting delivery of) a car of a manufacturer and/or a dealer you have negative feelings about, even before you receive the thing.

Also more in general, and just my humble opinion : on this forum, I often read comments about the price of the Volvo XC40, as if one had to spend a fortune to get it. Same here in this thread, where someone talks about « spending circa £41k! », etc.

Yes, the smallest well equipped Volvo SUV comes at about the price of an equally well equipped Volkswagen Golf. Is that surprising ? Is it a bad thing ? Do you really expect a Volvo XC40 to be less expensive than a Volkswagen Golf ?

Anyhow, modern cars cost a bit of money indeed, and I can understand that not everybody is able to spend several tens of thousands on a car, but if that is so, then the first thing to do is to stay away from luxury car brands as BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Land Rover, Volvo, etc.
I think you've missed the point, chap. People aren't blaming Volvo for the delays, it clearly cant be helped. However, the service is shocking at dealer level for what is considered to be a premium car brand. The dealer has not contacted me once in the whole process, i have had to push everything to them. no courtesy call, nothing! When i asked if they could help with a loaner vehicle as my 6month rental had to go back i was simply told, no!

The reference to price of the car has been given in the fact the service levels you expect from a premium brand is slightly higher than your average used car garage!!!

So, get of your soap box and pipe down
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I’m not sure you can call a Volvo a premium brand if I’m honest
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

Chris John wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:05 pm I’m not sure you can call a Volvo a premium brand if I’m honest
It's very subjective of course. I'd put Volvo at the mid-point between Audi and Volkswagen, but moving gradually towards Audi.
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Don't know if this has always been there, but I've not noticed it before, the sat nav screen has a compass in it, and shows what "heading" you are driving on. Is this new or just something I've not seen before, anyone else noticed it just recently or always had it?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
hammo

Post by hammo »

I don’t use it, I hate that it does not show zoom in detail of roads and junctions like Waze and every other system I have used. Love that you can plot and send routes to the car, but it’s slow to refresh and lags behind on real time use.

Car is going in for first service, perhaps it will get upgraded to a proper sat nav🤔😁
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
scol

Post by scol »

I have just found out that it weighs almost exactly the same as my Q7 which I find really surprising!
March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the toys.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

scol wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:41 pm I have just found out that it weighs almost exactly the same as my Q7 which I find really surprising!
Huh? Unladen weight of a Q7 according to Audi is 2165kg. Running order weight of an XC40 is around 1756kg. Min kerb weight is around 1685kg.or are you comparing an EV model?
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

hammo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:39 pm I don’t use it, I hate that it does not show zoom in detail of roads and junctions like Waze and every other system I have used. Love that you can plot and send routes to the car, but it’s slow to refresh and lags behind on real time use.

Car is going in for first service, perhaps it will get upgraded to a proper sat nav🤔😁
If you have the map in the dash centre display this does that, also graphically shows you which lane to be in at motorway junctions.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
scol

Post by scol »

Trickster wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:17 pm
scol wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:41 pm I have just found out that it weighs almost exactly the same as my Q7 which I find really surprising!
Huh? Unladen weight of a Q7 according to Audi is 2165kg. Running order weight of an XC40 is around 1756kg. Min kerb weight is around 1685kg.or are you comparing an EV model?
Interesting, according to to the Volvo App my Mild Hybrid B5 AWD weight 5026 lbs which is 2280 Kg. I did find a couple of other reference that confirmed this but will look at the data plate tomorrow as it does seem unbelievable.
March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the toys.