What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

Don’t have ours yet, but the car we test drove a short press changed by 5mph, long press 1mph
T4 R Design Pro FWD

USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

BiddyR wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:52 am Don’t have ours yet, but the car we test drove a short press changed by 5mph, long press 1mph

According to the manual:

Short Press - changes speed in 5mph increments.

Press and Hold - changes speed until you release the press
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

Brill, thanks

Makes sense, looking forwarding to trying next month.
T4 R Design Pro FWD
Cjwye

Post by Cjwye »

The speed sign recognition warning on the drivers console also has the next speed coming up underlaid there current speed in some situations.
E.g. I am in a 30 heading towards a 40 and the display shows a 30 overlaid a 40 in an inner ring.
No idea how this works - has anyone else noticed?
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Yes, that's correct. It only works if you have the maps/navigation installed. It basically pulls info from the maps and combines it with the camera recognition software. I'd imagine in big cities it relies on map data, and on the camera when around the country on B roads
michael123

Post by michael123 »

For me it did not work well, the car recognized the signs from the irrelevant side roads.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

i think that's actually map data. i have the same issue on mine and on my old Mazda 3 too, which only had map data. basically when driving on a 50pmg road that has a 30mph road next to it (for access to neighbourhoods) both cars will yell at me that i'm speeding at 45-50pmh as they thought i was on the other road. GPS has its limits.
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:37 am I'd had mine for months before spotting the fridge button in the glove box. Also, (thanks to a post on here) I found out you can move the order of the buttons on the main screen (cruise, headrests, camera etc) so the ones you use are in a sensible place :)
Fridge?! i will look
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

DB2k wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 pm
kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:37 am I'd had mine for months before spotting the fridge button in the glove box. Also, (thanks to a post on here) I found out you can move the order of the buttons on the main screen (cruise, headrests, camera etc) so the ones you use are in a sensible place :)
Fridge?! i will look
Ha, you'll be disappointed. It's a slider that lets the AC air in.

Unless of course you pay extra for the Kitchen Pack - fridge in the glove box, dishwasher in the boot.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

I just discovered that while in Pilot assist or adaptive cruise mode if you are in traffic that stops and the cruise control disables you can just touch the speed + button and the cruise control will re-activate and follow the car in front as it begins to move. A tap on the accelerator works as well but tapping the button is nice and convenient.