What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

bdalameda wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm I just discovered that while in Pilot assist or adaptive cruise mode if you are in traffic that stops and the cruise control disables you can just touch the speed + button and the cruise control will re-activate and follow the car in front as it begins to move. A tap on the accelerator works as well but tapping the button is nice and convenient.
That's correct, the manual states both options however what i discovered (and i think it's mentioned in the manual too) is that tapping the button leads to a more shocky launch, as opposed to hitting the gas. But of course, a lot more comfortable to do it lol

DB2k

Post by DB2k »

USERof XC40 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm
DB2k wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 pm
kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:37 am I'd had mine for months before spotting the fridge button in the glove box. Also, (thanks to a post on here) I found out you can move the order of the buttons on the main screen (cruise, headrests, camera etc) so the ones you use are in a sensible place :)
Fridge?! i will look
Ha, you'll be disappointed. It's a slider that lets the AC air in.

Unless of course you pay extra for the Kitchen Pack - fridge in the glove box, dishwasher in the boot.
ah my gloves need to have a low ambient temperature!
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

one thing I found was that in very slow sub 10mph traffic, with adaptive cruise on and also pilot assist, you don't need to touch the wheel every 20 seconds.. it just is happy to pootle on by itself

oh and pushing the sun roof button up opens it upwards, and back is properly open. It's probably in the manual but I haven't read it.
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

ciuncky wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:36 am
bdalameda wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm I just discovered that while in Pilot assist or adaptive cruise mode if you are in traffic that stops and the cruise control disables you can just touch the speed + button and the cruise control will re-activate and follow the car in front as it begins to move. A tap on the accelerator works as well but tapping the button is nice and convenient.
That's correct, the manual states both options however what i discovered (and i think it's mentioned in the manual too) is that tapping the button leads to a more shocky launch, as opposed to hitting the gas. But of course, a lot more comfortable to do it lol
My car accelerates very smoothly from a stop when tapping the button - I find it much smoother than using the accelerator.
scnps

Post by scnps »

Anyone know why the model MY20 now only has one front USB, or is this because I have the mobile charger factory fitted.
XC40 Inscription (MY20) T4 FWD 2.0l petrol automatic - Denim Blue - Xenium pack, Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

One USB is standard.
Two USB sockets if Android Auto/Apple Carplay has been fitted.
gt40

Post by gt40 »

The little elasticated net behind the pull out bin is the perfect place for a hipflask.

*don't drink and drive, folks*
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

Skyrimmer wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:51 pm Had the car 3 months now and only just found out there is a warning triangle folded up and stored in a cubby hole in the tail gate. :D
I was disappointed to find that I did not have a warning triangle in my cubby hole. It must be supplied depending on specific laws for each country.(USA)
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

That drives very, very well in the wet. Perhaps I’ll get to drive it in the dry at some point.....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

...that it does absolutely everything for me, EXCEPT remind me that I've left my phone behind every time I get out of it! Every single time....
T4 Fusion Red Momentum with Technology Pack (ACC, Pilot Assist, 360 camera, Park Assist Pilot).