What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
---

Post by --- »

Just been discussing this on another thread on XC40Forums, and we think it might just be a forced running of the 'Clean Zone' feature... So it may not be as good as actually running the air-conditioner with the engine running. But worth a try in summer :D
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)

ak888

Post by ak888 »

Don't think this has been mentioned, but a double click of the mirror button alternates between dipped and normal position. I find this useful as we have a parking space with a pillar at home so don't want to dip on reverse, but when parallel street parking I would like to dip the mirror.
---

Post by --- »

ak888 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:42 pm Don't think this has been mentioned, but a double click of the mirror button alternates between dipped and normal position. I find this useful as we have a parking space with a pillar at home so don't want to dip on reverse, but when parallel street parking I would like to dip the mirror.
Thanks ak888, that's just what I needed for occasional reversing in tricky spots. Very handy to know. Thank you ;)
(double-pressing the LEFT or RIGHT mirror button dips the mirror for me! Yay!)
Last edited by --- on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)
DrAdrian

Post by DrAdrian »

Had my car just over a week. Did some shopping and the boss busied herself fetching the final bags and closed the boot. 5 minutes later my iPhone beeps and 'On Call' tells me the car is unlocked. So I lock it. Well I never.
Inscription b5 Auto.
Sobriquet

Post by Sobriquet »

DrAdrian wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:18 pm Had my car just over a week. Did some shopping and the boss busied herself fetching the final bags and closed the boot. 5 minutes later my iPhone beeps and 'On Call' tells me the car is unlocked. So I lock it. Well I never.
Just wait until you get the situation, and it has happened to me, where you are some miles from your car and you know you have locked it, and suddenly the App tells you the car is unlocked.

You deliberate should I lock it remotely, knowing it's already locked, or just leave it telling you it's unlocked.

You finally give in to paranoia and click the App's lock button to be informed by your phone that there's no signal.

Ahh well, modern technology!!!
Sobriquet

Post by Sobriquet »

ak888 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:42 pm Don't think this has been mentioned, but a double click of the mirror button alternates between dipped and normal position. I find this useful as we have a parking space with a pillar at home so don't want to dip on reverse, but when parallel street parking I would like to dip the mirror.
Only on the car's which have that option unfortunately. Many don't and you have to dip the mirror manually at the switch.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Sobriquet wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:06 pm
Only on the car's which have that option unfortunately. Many don't and you have to dip the mirror manually at the switch.
I believe you need to have memory seats.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Jimothyhike

Post by Jimothyhike »

Had mine just over a month. Standard sound system but when playing music loud, when the car stops and engine cuts out for stop/start the subwoofer goes off leaving the sound quite tinny. Soon as you pull off it kicks in again...
Tin-foil hat

Post by Tin-foil hat »

Jimothyhike wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm Had mine just over a month. Standard sound system but when playing music loud, when the car stops and engine cuts out for stop/start the subwoofer goes off leaving the sound quite tinny. Soon as you pull off it kicks in again...
This doesn't happen with mine. It dips in sound for notifications such as impending speed cameras, but no change for engine stop/start.
Tin-foil hat

Post by Tin-foil hat »

Used the safety net for the first time today!

Had a few journeys to the local refuse tip to run. Used the net to stop bits and pieces flying around the cabin.

Worked well.