What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
morganj

Post by morganj »

PreservedKillick wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:15 pm Just discovered this pocket in the passenger side.
92D50A82-FD7F-424E-8606-5BCFBE512E41.jpegPhone holder sun glasses?
If I remember correctly Mat Watson from CarWow said it was a banana holder 😂
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Not long after I got my XC40 I was invited to a feedback session (in the UK) organised by Volvo which was attended by staff from Volvo Sweden. When I queried the purpose of that pocket a Volvo 'product expert' told me it was for storing my earbuds, Being an old codger I had to Google what earbuds were when I got home!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

Ha ha perfect!

Yes earphones do fit in that little niche.

Thank you.
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
Mike Wazowski

Post by Mike Wazowski »

Haven't used cruise control until recently. Just found that it uses brakes to slow and maintain speed on downhill sections. Previous cars have only used accelerator to achieve speed on uphill and flat sections allowing the car to pick up speed on downhill.
To be honest, I'm not sure I like the brake use, and presumably brake light use, in normal driving. Must be wearing on the pads and wearing/annoying on the following car.
brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

For those with automatics. You can lift out the rubbish bin, then push in the button below the lid and remove it. You then reinsert it to give yourself another (open) storage option.
Capirossi

Post by Capirossi »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 pm I set mine to the late setting after a couple of unnecesary activations but when it braked again when passing a van in a layby with a car coming the other way, neither of which were close, it gets turned off with the stop/start. I hate this kind of tech.

Chris
I hate the car driving for me, and am really, really dreading all these awful snowflake features!! So , can you actually switch this off so you can brake all by yourself, using your own judgement and freewill?! 😂
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

As per the thread on collision avoidance there's an icon for it which along with the Stop/Start icon I've moved to the top of the screen and turn both off when starting the car.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 2751

Post by Deleted User 2751 »

On my UK spec XC40 the icon remains switched off on a subsequent restart. So no need to redo each time.

I leave it switched on in any event, it causes me no issues.
Deleted User 2751

Post by Deleted User 2751 »

brigstowe wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:42 am For those with automatics. You can lift out the rubbish bin, then push in the button below the lid and remove it. You then reinsert it to give yourself another (open) storage option.
Personally I leave the lid on. It gives me a storage option with a lid 😀
marcofs

Post by marcofs »

This is just for the T5 Twin Engine plug-in hybrid.

You can set a schedule for charging at a specific charging point in the Volvo On Call app. The schedule only works when the charging cable is connected in this order -> Car - Power Outlet. If you connect first the cable to the power outlet and then to the car, charging starts immediatelly, regardless of the set schedule.
XC40 T5 Twin Engine