What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Went through everything in the safety net package. No hooks. Definitely nothing in the car. Another thing to chase the dealer for I guess.

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

BTW, I do have two hooks (shackles or links actually) by the front passenger seats; approx. at the passenger ankles level. They are firm and stiff and you can't move, remove or twist them. Does anyone knows what are these for? I doubt they're for safety nets, but could be for child seat mounting. Any ideas?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

TomF wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 pm Ropetko thankyou, very kind of you to explain so comprehensively.

Chris John......

** Post edited. No foul language on the forum.
You're welcome TomF. I tend to read the manual of every car I ever drove, but when it comes to explaining something to real people, I usually stick to my real experience.
Qarx

Post by Qarx »

ropetko wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:04 pm BTW, I do have two hooks (shackles or links actually) by the front passenger seats; approx. at the passenger ankles level. They are firm and stiff and you can't move, remove or twist them. Does anyone knows what are these for? I doubt they're for safety nets, but could be for child seat mounting. Any ideas?
I think they are bag holders, if you want to put some shopping bag on the floor, you can hook it on so it does not flip during driving. Similarly, there is a pop out hook in the glove box.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Qarx wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:23 pm
ropetko wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:04 pm BTW, I do have two hooks (shackles or links actually) by the front passenger seats; approx. at the passenger ankles level. They are firm and stiff and you can't move, remove or twist them. Does anyone knows what are these for? I doubt they're for safety nets, but could be for child seat mounting. Any ideas?
I think they are bag holders, if you want to put some shopping bag on the floor, you can hook it on so it does not flip during driving. Similarly, there is a pop out hook in the glove box.
I don't think so. Pop-out hook in the glove box is a great thing (although it can tear the lady's socks), but these are for much firmer and heavier stuff.
Btw, I usually put bags on the passenger seat, and it's a great thing when you are out for delivery, you can put the bag with the fresh food from the restaurant on the passenger seat, turn the set heaters all the way up and be sure the lunch will be warmer when you get home :)))
PC40

Post by PC40 »

The hook like links low down behind the front seats are to secure the bottom of the safety net. The top hooks into the sockets above the doors.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

PC40 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:57 pm The hook like links low down behind the front seats are to secure the bottom of the safety net. The top hooks into the sockets above the doors.
I’m talking about the hooks low down in front of the passenger seat, not behind it.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

ropetko wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:54 am
PC40 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:57 pm The hook like links low down behind the front seats are to secure the bottom of the safety net. The top hooks into the sockets above the doors.
I’m talking about the hooks low down in front of the passenger seat, not behind it.
I had a look for the hooks you mentioned and I dont appear to have any, or I couldn’t find them. Can you perhaps post a photo.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

These are those hooks I’m talking about. They’re in front of the passenger’s seat. Don’t know what are these for 🤷‍♂️

F50ACFEF-D534-407C-881A-A8F2153B90BB.jpeg

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Are you the second owner? Maybe a previous owner added these for some specific anchoring. Dog maybe?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21