What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

I just found out its been delayed again :roll:

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Websta24 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 pm I just found out its been delayed again :roll:
I don’t even dare contacting the dealer. I’m living in hope. At least some people are getting their orders.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

Bocca70 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:35 pm
Websta24 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 pm I just found out its been delayed again :roll:
I don’t even dare contacting the dealer. I’m living in hope. At least some people are getting their orders.
Only delayed by a further week apparently...The car is literally 4/5 weeks away but apparently the dates are not fixed.

It appears its a lucky dip depending on your options selected etc.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

I ordered mine 17th May 2021 and was initially told end of July delivery. After 2 further sets of delivery date given, I was told delivery to be on 25th September. No active updates given by the dealer, each time I had to contact them. I would have appreciated even if they said no further updates rather than me constantly chasing. I had given up hope to see the car until mid November judging by other comments on here. I called on Monday to get an update and was told the car was due to be shipped 25th September and be able to pick up 28th September. The dealer didn't sound too confident in his words as on the previous occasion I was told the car was on its way and then a week later to be told it had not even gone into production. I wont get excited until I have the keys in my hand.

I appreciate the semi conductor shortages and reduced production which has affected the global platform, but the way Volvo/dealer have handled the situation (in terms of customer service) has been appalling (spending circa £41k! I wouldn't expect this). This will be my first and most likely last Volvo experience. I have purchased from other marquees in the past and where there has been delays, prompt updates have been given and a loaner car in the interim. A family friend who purchased a Skoda had their car delayed by 4 weeks due to the shortage, they were given a interim car hired through a car hire company as the dealer did not have any courtesy cars available. When Volvo dealer was asked, it was a straight no, Volvo UK was contacted, they could not get involved as it was between me and the dealer.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

4ksantorini wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:00 pm
I ordered mine 17th May 2021 and was initially told end of July delivery. After 2 further sets of delivery date given, I was told delivery to be on 25th September. No active updates given by the dealer, each time I had to contact them. I would have appreciated even if they said no further updates rather than me constantly chasing. I had given up hope to see the car until mid November judging by other comments on here. I called on Monday to get an update and was told the car was due to be shipped 25th September and be able to pick up 28th September. The dealer didn't sound too confident in his words as on the previous occasion I was told the car was on its way and then a week later to be told it had not even gone into production. I wont get excited until I have the keys in my hand.

I appreciate the semi conductor shortages and reduced production which has affected the global platform, but the way Volvo/dealer have handled the situation (in terms of customer service) has been appalling (spending circa £41k! I wouldn't expect this). This will be my first and most likely last Volvo experience. I have purchased from other marquees in the past and where there has been delays, prompt updates have been given and a loaner car in the interim. A family friend who purchased a Skoda had their car delayed by 4 weeks due to the shortage, they were given a interim car hired through a car hire company as the dealer did not have any courtesy cars available. When Volvo dealer was asked, it was a straight no, Volvo UK was contacted, they could not get involved as it was between me and the dealer.

Common theme. I ordered my Twin Pro directly through Volvo in June. Given conflicting and ultimately incorrect info by the dealer where I did the test drive about delivery. Given varying dates by Volvo, including build weeks in November, with delivery in December. App now showing March delivery. Has Volvo contacted as they keep extending the timeframe? No. Have they given me new build weeks? No. Volvo says it can't do anything (e.g. loaner car) - it is the dealer's responsibility, even though the dealer doesn't really play a role. Treated quite horribly as I have raised a complaint up the chain. The executive office apparently thinks it is OK to lie to people - promise to do something and then say it has decided not to do it after all. Now have a complaint with Volvo International, although that seems to be going around in circles. Note, if anybody decides to contact Volvo International, e-mails actually go to Volvo UK, so you need to call Sweden to follow up to make sure they see the e-mail! Would cancel the car but would lose a lot of money already spent in other ways - and I still need a car.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

qrt31 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 pm
4ksantorini wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:00 pm

Common theme. I ordered my Twin Pro directly through Volvo in June. Given conflicting and ultimately incorrect info by the dealer where I did the test drive about delivery. Given varying dates by Volvo, including build weeks in November, with delivery in December. App now showing March delivery. Has Volvo contacted as they keep extending the timeframe? No. Have they given me new build weeks? No. Volvo says it can't do anything (e.g. loaner car) - it is the dealer's responsibility, even though the dealer doesn't really play a role. Treated quite horribly as I have raised a complaint up the chain. The executive office apparently thinks it is OK to lie to people - promise to do something and then say it has decided not to do it after all. Now have a complaint with Volvo International, although that seems to be going around in circles. Note, if anybody decides to contact Volvo International, e-mails actually go to Volvo UK, so you need to call Sweden to follow up to make sure they see the e-mail! Would cancel the car but would lose a lot of money already spent in other ways - and I still need a car.

I am not sure if you ordered directly through the website or a Volvo dealer. If through a dealer, check to see if they are part of the motor ombudsman (mine is). I have contemplated raising this with them. However it is a slow process (I think from memory they take about 8 weeks) for them to review. I think if next Tuesday is a no show then I will definitely raise with the motor ombudsman.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I ordered directly from Care by Volvo - it is the only option for the BEV (although apparently you can have the dealer help you, but that doesn't really change the relationship with Volvo very much). Apparently because it was ordered through Care by Volvo, which is a different arm of Volvo UK which deals with subscriptions (even though mine is not a subscription...), I would have to take a case to the financial ombudsman (indicating perhaps that car companies are increasingly financial companies which just happen to make cars...).
Moss

Post by Moss »

To 4ksantorini, qrt31, and other gentlemen who seem to blame Volvo UK and/or Volvo dealers for the unpredictability of the reduced car production due to chip shortages and for the distribution and logistics challenges the UK faces at the moment, my very sincere advise is to sell your Volvo car as soon as you eventually receive it, and to immediately buy a car from a brand you trust.

It’s a win/win situation : you will get your money back (or better) since demand for the Volvo XC40 is clearly greater than supply at the moment, and you will make the buyer of your brand new Volvo XC40 very happy.

More in general : life is really too short to waste time on buying (or accepting delivery of) a car of a manufacturer and/or a dealer you have negative feelings about, even before you receive the thing.

Also more in general, and just my humble opinion : on this forum, I often read comments about the price of the Volvo XC40, as if one had to spend a fortune to get it. Same here in this thread, where someone talks about « spending circa £41k! », etc.

Yes, the smallest well equipped Volvo SUV comes at about the price of an equally well equipped Volkswagen Golf. Is that surprising ? Is it a bad thing ? Do you really expect a Volvo XC40 to be less expensive than a Volkswagen Golf ?

Anyhow, modern cars cost a bit of money indeed, and I can understand that not everybody is able to spend several tens of thousands on a car, but if that is so, then the first thing to do is to stay away from luxury car brands as BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Land Rover, Volvo, etc.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I’ve just found out I wish I’d bought an electric so I didn’t have to queue for fuel 🤦🏻‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Chris John wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:59 pm I’ve just found out I wish I’d bought an electric so I didn’t have to queue for fuel 🤦🏻‍♂️

On the other hand, just wait until the power cuts start in the upcoming Winter of Discontent.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o