What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

No gear change paddles on the steering wheel! Dealer said they have been deleted from MY21. Starting to dislike the dealer, said a lot that didn't happen and didn't say anything about things that did happen. I won't make any quotes about Arthur Daley.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20

Prince Buster

Post by Prince Buster »

I'm not sure Inscription ever had the paddles. Were standard on R Design, but not anymore. Maybe they were an option on Inscription at one time.

Had my paddles over a year now, no consolation to you, but never actually had the need to use them.
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

Thought that might be the case, and I probably wouldn't use them much as well. Just I was expecting them for some reason.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Depends on driving, i guess. I don't use them for active driving, but extensively for engine breaking downhill (London far from flat!), to keep in 1st or 2nd gear in slow moving traffic, or to quickly pop it in D2 to void Start-Stop if i know i won't be still for long enough. Overall, i find them quite useful - if dealer did not confirm to you you weren't getting and brochure showed them, i think you should bring it up with him. But really, depends how/where you'd drive.
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

That is exactly what I thought I would be using them for. Don't want or need any more white noise from the salesman though, if they aren't there then it won't be easy to get them will it.
Delivered 15 Sep 20
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Prince Buster wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:44 pm I'm not sure Inscription ever had the paddles. Were standard on R Design, but not anymore. Maybe they were an option on Inscription at one time.

Had my paddles over a year now, no consolation to you, but never actually had the need to use them.
They were not standard on the R design, but a £125 extra.
Peter36235612

Post by Peter36235612 »

ACertainAge wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:30 am
Prince Buster wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:44 pm I'm not sure Inscription ever had the paddles. Were standard on R Design, but not anymore. Maybe they were an option on Inscription at one time.

I can only comment on my particular experience with the purchase of my RDesign T4 AWD in September 2019.

The new RDesign I bought came with paddles gear changers as STANDARD. No addition money was paid. At that time Momentum and Inscription did not have paddles as standard but the RDesign certainly did.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Peter36235612 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:38 am
ACertainAge wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:30 am

I can only comment on my particular experience with the purchase of my RDesign T4 AWD in September 2019.

The new RDesign I bought came with paddles gear changers as STANDARD. No addition money was paid. At that time Momentum and Inscription did not have paddles as standard but the RDesign certainly did.
There were standard on my MY20 R-design Pro Nov'19 as well.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

I got out of my car last night and it would appear I have got "puddle lights", didn't notice them before, and I thought they only came with the "versatility" pack, which I don't have. Not rear doors though, not that I'm complaining 😊😊
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Deleted User 2967

Post by Deleted User 2967 »

What have you just found out about your XC40?...

That there's a funnel in the toolkit. So you can fill up the fuel tank from a portable fuel can.