What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

ropetko wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:20 pm These are those hooks I’m talking about. They’re in front of the passenger’s seat. Don’t know what are these for 🤷‍♂️
Don’t know but I’ve not got them
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

morganj

Post by morganj »

Found in V40 manual. They are for rear facing child seat in passenger seat. Same as the hooks on rear of passenger seat rails for rear facing child seat on rear seat.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Vulgar Duty

Post by Vulgar Duty »

Haven't got these hooks in mine, just the rear hoops in the boot.
davidarcher25

Post by davidarcher25 »

That my wife is shrinking. Then I found out that as she gets out she puts pressure on the manual passenger seat lever which by small increments lowers the seat.
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

I've found two things today:

First thing - You can drive safely at motorway speeds with only one of the two bonnet latches holding the bonnet shut. The bonnet does flap a bit when at 70 mph but, thankfully, it stays shut.

Second thing - the "bonnet is open" warning sign/sound only works when both bonnet latches are undone. It doesn't give any warning if only one of the two bonnet latches is undone !! You have to rely on your eyes, thinking "why is that bonnet moving up and down so much, is it going to hit me in the face?"
🙂.

Silly me.for not closing it properly when I filled the screenwash last week, but you'd think there'd be some warning.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Alex_O wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm Went through everything in the safety net package. No hooks. Definitely nothing in the car. Another thing to chase the dealer for I guess.
Collected my XC in the week, i've not got these hooks either. Just the holes where they go. Maybe cost saving?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Felindre wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:06 pm
Alex_O wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm Went through everything in the safety net package. No hooks. Definitely nothing in the car. Another thing to chase the dealer for I guess.
Collected my XC in the week, i've not got these hooks either. Just the holes where they go. Maybe cost saving?
I think I’d be calling the dealer and asking for them
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
hammo

Post by hammo »

When i connect my iphone 7 to Apple play (via USB), i have noticed that it turns off DAB radio sound.
The only quick way i can get the radio sound back is to say “DAB” using the steering wheel voice control button.
Has anyone else found this?
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

You can't 'pre lock' the car. If I've got the rear door open to remove something, e.g. shopping bags, I've always pressed lock on the key and put it in my pocket, then on closing the door the car has locked. Just discovered not so with Volvos. It sounds like it locks when you press the key, but doesn't.

Hang on though, the manual says it does "For the lock sequence to be activated, the driver door must be closed4. If any of the other doors or the tailgate are open, these are locked and alarmed* only when they are closed. The alarm's movement detectors* are activated when all the doors and the tailgate are closed and locked."

Ok, rechecked and it definitely doesn't lock the car! Unlocked, opened drivers and rear door. Closed drivers, clicked lock on the key. Heard a click and indicators flashed, paused, closed back door. Nothing, no locking, no indicator flash, no mirrors folding. Waited a couple of minutes, no change. Tried again got the same. They've obviously changed this after publishing the manual.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

The Bin

One year on, after fiddling to empty the waste bin by trying to tip the waste out of the flip door...

I discovered that the top is easily removed by pressing the release catch on the back!

E9051B17-C641-4FC1-8201-025BE8088AE9.jpeg

XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar