What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
TechnoNerd

Post by TechnoNerd »

Are there any members old enough to remember when you didn't have to read the owners manual to operate a car?

I have owned my XC40 for 3 months now and am still reading it :shock: .

I do appreciate the information in this forum so keep it coming.

Happy Holidays!
2020 XC40 T5 AWD Momentum, Thunder Grey / Oxide Red Leather (US Specs)

Bob

Post by Bob »

I've been meaning to read the owners manual for over 2 years, perhaps I'll get round to it just before I sell the car! :lol:
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I've only just ordered mine, but already read the manual! I'm an RTFM fanatic. :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

@TechnoNerd
Pah! Are there any members old enough to remember when cars didn't HAVE (or need) owners manuals?

My 1991 Sierra Cosworth didn't.
My 2001 Seat Leon Cupra didn't.
My 2014 BMW did.
(I don't change car very often...)
MY2020 R-Design
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

My first car was older than me and had an excellent manual. I needed it not so much to drive the car as to locate the several grease points that needed weekly attention.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

The car manual included grease points? [impressed] I always had to buy the Haynes manual for stuff like that.
MY2020 R-Design
Bullseye4

Post by Bullseye4 »

Just been hit by the first snows..... I have an AWD version. Is there anyway of checking when this is in operation?
Muted

Post by Muted »

As far as I know there isn't.

The system is automatic sending power to the rear wheels as required. However from a stop the car will always pull away using equal power to all four wheels
gt40

Post by gt40 »

Bullseye4 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:21 am Just been hit by the first snows..... I have an AWD version. Is there anyway of checking when this is in operation?
If you're in a ditch, it probably didn't work 🤨

In truth, it will really depend on your tyres - if on summer tyres you'll not notice a huge difference with AWD on snow - maybe slightly better traction off the line.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

There has been serious flooding in Norfolk and the media have had familiar pictures of cars and vans caught in deep water, so I checked the Volvo advice on “wading depth” for the XC40. According to the MY2020 manual (p432) the maximum safe depth is a surprising 45cm (17 inches). I would not contemplate entering water this deep, but it provides a very generous margin of error for typical flood conditions.