What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
kusoxc40

Post by kusoxc40 »

just found out you actually can play movies on the central display. Its awesome when you on the road trip.
XC40 Recharge T5 Inscription Pro, Crystal White, charcoal leather | Pick Up the car in Nov 2020

Real Meat

Post by Real Meat »

I've played video clips on mine, just to try it out really. It seems choosy in which video formats it plays.

I wouldn't want to watch a movieπŸ˜€. I don't think, quite rightly, it works when driving.

More of a gimmick, why would you want to.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

ropetko wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 pm :)))
Yap, I know of hooks in the ceiling, because many cars have them. Either as additional modules in the "fixings" or as "limps" on passenger handles. But these small hooks I've never seen on any car and they don't obstruct vision that much. Definitely not that much as when you hang your coat on a ceiling hook.
The small hooks are for facemask. Volvo design team thought about everything :lol: :lol: :lol:
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

eugen61 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:29 am
ropetko wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 pm :)))
Yap, I know of hooks in the ceiling, because many cars have them. Either as additional modules in the "fixings" or as "limps" on passenger handles. But these small hooks I've never seen on any car and they don't obstruct vision that much. Definitely not that much as when you hang your coat on a ceiling hook.
The small hooks are for facemask. Volvo design team thought about everything :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm crying :lol: :lol: :lol:
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
TurboNeil

Post by TurboNeil »

kusoxc40 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:39 pm just found out you actually can play movies on the central display. Its awesome when you on the road trip.
Can confirm but seems crazy that Volvo, a company know for safety allows this.

2020-12-18_9-29-24.jpg

2021 R Design T5 in Fusion Red.
Twitcher

Post by Twitcher »

The car's manual says:

"No picture is shown when the car starts to move, but only the audio is played back. The picture is shown again when the car is stationary".

So no safety issues as I can see.
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

First time ive used the app to start the car while getting ready and it switched the heated driving seat on and the steering wheel heater. Lovely will be using again for sure.
And if you press both mirror switches at the same time it folds both mirrors in.
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Well, finally after nearly 3 months ,managed to get a decent journey in. Having driven diesels for the past 6 years I was very surprised to discover my new T3 returned 45 mpg on a 150 mile round trip, exceeding my low expectations.This was truly mixed driving including stop-start around SW London. So far very impressed !
kusoxc40

Post by kusoxc40 »

TurboNeil wrote: ↑Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:31 pm
kusoxc40 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:39 pm just found out you actually can play movies on the central display. Its awesome when you on the road trip.
Can confirm but seems crazy that Volvo, a company know for safety allows this.

2020-12-18_9-29-24.jpg
True. once you start move the car it will stop thou. I use it when I have my lunch in the car due to current situation around the world, just safer.
XC40 Recharge T5 Inscription Pro, Crystal White, charcoal leather | Pick Up the car in Nov 2020
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

I learnt yesterday, while waiting in the car, that the windows have a "soft start" when opening. If you only press the button a little bit, they wind down slowly for the first couple of inches, (5 cm for our metric buddies lol), then speed up. If you press the button all the way down, they start up at the faster speed straight away. Mind you, all cars might do this, and I've just not noticed before😁😁
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D