What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ar899

Post by ar899 »

From recent posts, B4 AWD - 37 mpg, T4 AWD - 39 mpg. I'm not sure why the XC40 get such a bad name for fuel economy. You don't buy a petrol XC40 for economy but it doesn't seem to be 'that' bad. Honest John quotes real MPG figures of 27-43.5 mpg for an X1 xDrive 2.0i Auto which is a comparable vehicle.

HJ figures for a T4 AWD are 24.4-39.3 - none given for a B4 yet. That makes the T4 about 10% more thirsty than an X1 and you would hope a B4 is a bit closer over time.

x-rayted

Post by x-rayted »

I dont know whether it was discussed here before but yesterday I just found out that sensus navigation has a "voice guidance level" setting and you can set it to "none" (surely you have to overwrite this setting to dirver profile), its silent now . Great..6 months of torture stopped :)
BTW, you can open the the voice guidance anytime on a trip .
2020 XC40 T3 FWD Momentum 8AT
Slide Ways

Post by Slide Ways »

There's always the Mute voice guidance setting in the satnav interface. Problem with that is that you have to do it each time.

It can be done by voice activation though, just set where you want to go and press the voice activation button on the steering wheel and tell it to shut up!!

Or "Guidance, Mute Guidance" works a little better !!
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Folding seats.
I recently had a play with rear folding the back seats on my MY21 Inscription Pro and if you haven’t already done this, be careful that you make sure that the middle seat belt clip is sitting on top of the seat before you lower it. And make sure it’s still in the same position when folded. I folded mine and after 20 mins of so, lifted it back to find that the clip had pressed a deep indentation into the seat back. I had to lower the seat again and add some weight for quite a few hours to level it out again.

On the plus side, I found lowering/raising the seats in the XC40 one of the easiest I’ve ever had. My previous car was a BMW that had electric folding and they never worked properly. I always had to push them after engaging the switch. They were too tight. And raising them again was a real faff.
The XC40 is simple to use.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

A good reminder for everyone as the weather is either in and out of freezing, or constantly wet, is that a double press of the heated windscreen (for those cars that have it) engages ‘Max Defeost’.
I’m finding this really handy at the moment.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Max D'frost

Post by Max D'frost »

BionicRusty wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:31 am A good reminder for everyone as the weather is either in and out of freezing, or constantly wet, is that a double press of the rear window demister engages ‘Max Demsit’.
I’m finding this really handy at the moment.
Are you sure? According to my manual the max defrost setting is activated by pressing the front defrost button, either physically by the button or virtually on the centre screen. A press on the rear button simply activates the rear and mirror demisters.

For cars with electrical elements in the front screen a double press does activate max demist but again it's the front screen button you must press twice NOT the rear demist button. BTW a third press switches toggles it off.

This from the manual:
Cars with heated windscreen:

Press the button repeatedly in order to switch between the three levels:

1 Activated heated windscreen

2 Activated heated windscreen and max defroster

3 Deactivated.

Cars without heated windscreen:

Press the button.

Max defroster is activated/deactivated and the button illuminates/extinguishes.

So the button to press for max demist is the front button, the one with the curved top to the symbol, not the rear button, the one with the square top.
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Err, that's what Bionic Rusty said Max. Heated windscreen button 😆
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
Max D'frost

Post by Max D'frost »

72 dudes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 am Err, that's what Bionic Rusty said Max. Heated windscreen button 😆

Err... No he didn't. He's, rightly, edited his post, without reference, to remove the word rear. You can see the original post that I commented on as the quote in my post.

The post said "a double press of the rear window demister engages ‘Max Demsit’".

No being pedantic, but if you post it should be factually correct or it's misleading. And a reference to the correction would have been courteous !

I wish I'd specified the Max Defeost/Demsit facility in my car; now that would have been useful 🙂
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Ah, okay, hadn't noticed your quote, only Bionic's post, which must have already been edited when I read it.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
Graemelisa

Post by Graemelisa »

1. The card holder above the phone charging station
2. I set my preferred driving mode under individual - that means that I just need to hit the drive mode button twice to select it (or don't activate individual and just hit the drive mode button the correct number of times to get to your preference)
3. I have a jetcharge cable, an approved Volvo supplier (3 pin normal 10 amp home power point) this charges my phev much quicker than the volvo cable and much quicker than the 5 to 5.30 stated - 4.15 from empty to full!!

Great car! Hopefully they release some software updates soon to make it even better!