What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Out fairly early today, I have realised that the heated steering wheel is nice and toasty🥵🥵 on a freezing morning, while the crystal gear stick is the exact opposite 🥶🥶🥶.
Better than the other way round though 😁😁
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Cagz

Post by Cagz »

On the ceiling of the cubbyhole where the wireless charger is, there are two slots as if something meant to slide/slot in between. Any idea what is that meant for ?
T3 R-Design MY21 (without paddles :cry:)
Stroke City

Post by Stroke City »

Cagz wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:29 pm On the ceiling of the cubbyhole where the wireless charger is, there are two slots as if something meant to slide/slot in between. Any idea what is that meant for ?
It fits a credit card/bank card exactly.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

The car is brilliant in snow , the hill decent control when in off road mode was excellent when descending a steep snow covered slope.

Also when in off road mode you get a compass on the driver display :D
hammo

Post by hammo »

I have learned that if I drive carefully, that I can achieve 37MPG from my B4 and I think I can do better.

Best ‘Life-Saver’ feature on my car is the active speed limiter that adjusts the cars speed according to the road signs.

I am so pleased that I opted for AWD now we have seen 3” of snow on untreated country roads.

2E334C74-CC57-45F0-99BF-1EAFA8A6E8BE.jpeg

XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

"XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2021)"

And it time travels too! :-) I've selected the same engine, Looking forward to getting mine before nov 2021 :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

hammo wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:44 am I have learned that if I drive carefully, that I can achieve 37MPG from my B4 and I think I can do better.

Best ‘Life-Saver’ feature on my car is the active speed limiter that adjusts the cars speed according to the road signs.

I am so pleased that I opted for AWD now we have seen 3” of snow on untreated country roads.
Hey

I’ve always wondered about the speed limiter. If you’re going too fast, will it apply the brakes (40mph limit that drops to a 30mph limit). Also, what happens if you need a burst of speed to overtake a car?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Yes it brakes the car with a change of limit.. As you are exceeding the set limit.

As with all speed limiters I've used you just press the accelerator down hard and it overrides it.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Gordon Zola

Post by Gordon Zola »

hammo wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:44 am I have learned that if I drive carefully, that I can achieve 37MPG from my B4 and I think I can do better.

RDesign T4 AWD. Best I've achieved, longer journey on motorway, at reasonable motorway speeds.

Screenshot_20210105-153644~2.png

PC40

Post by PC40 »

A quick word of warning re the speed limiter..
The car does not always read the speed limit signs correctly. It can also read and apply signs related to side roads and speed limit signs on the back of foreign trucks. I’ve seen 80 showing in a 40mph zone.
On my way into the local town on a 30mph I regularly get the speed limit signs shown as 20 when passing a couple of restricted side roads abs even 5mph when passing a builders merchants yard. I use the speed limit warning rather than the limiter as I don’t want the car unexpectedly braking for me.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018