Contact From Dealer

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

I ordered my XC40 on July 2nd, and apart from a confirmation e-mail the following day I have not heard a peep from the dealer since, is this usual?

How long have people waited before being contacted by the dealer with a build date etc?
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.

emporiky

Post by emporiky »

For me, in Belgium, it was the following week - email/call him yourself, you’ve paid good money for the car, so you are entitled to good customer service.
Current car: XC40 T4, Momentum Pro, Fusion Red
Premium Audio, Intelisafe, Park Assist 360, Versatility, Xenium, Winter packs

Previous car: Volvo V40 T3 Inscription
Scotty2F

Post by Scotty2F »

I ordered in June, dealer confirmed expected build week two days later and then emailed me every two weeks to confirm build date was still on track.

They emailed me to confirm it was built and left the factory.

They sent a video of the car when it arrived at the dealer on Friday.

If you haven’t heard anything, you should definitely contact them, that is very poor service.
R Design Pro T5. Bursting Blue. Intellisafe Surround, Winter, Convenience, Xenium packs. Lots of stuff like 4C, Harmon Kardon, Polestar, Power Passenger Seat, Car play, Tow-bar etc. Ordered 22/6/19, collected 06/09/2019 sold Nov 23
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Pirots wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:55 am I ordered my XC40 on July 2nd, and apart from a confirmation e-mail the following day I have not heard a peep from the dealer since, is this usual?

How long have people waited before being contacted by the dealer with a build date etc?
I ordered my XC40 a couple of weeks after you and in the same boat. I have contacted them to make a minor change to the order but no contact from them other than to confirm the change (after chasing them).
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I was emailed the following day after placing the order with confirmation of the order and an estimate of the delivery date.

Contact after this point tends to vary from dealer to dealer but you should at least be given the estimated delivery time at the start.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Scotty2F wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:41 am I ordered in June, dealer confirmed expected build week two days later and then emailed me every two weeks to confirm build date was still on track.

They emailed me to confirm it was built and left the factory.

They sent a video of the car when it arrived at the dealer on Friday.

If you haven’t heard anything, you should definitely contact them, that is very poor service.

Blimey, looking at your spec👏 How much did all that cost?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Scotty2F

Post by Scotty2F »

It was a bargain!! ;)

Changing over from a pretty high spec Evoque so wanted nearly everything.

Perhaps that’s why my dealer has been so good keeping me informed up to now.
R Design Pro T5. Bursting Blue. Intellisafe Surround, Winter, Convenience, Xenium packs. Lots of stuff like 4C, Harmon Kardon, Polestar, Power Passenger Seat, Car play, Tow-bar etc. Ordered 22/6/19, collected 06/09/2019 sold Nov 23
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

I contacted the dealer who apologised and gave me an estimated delivery date of 22nd of November.
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.