And mine arrived

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
michael123

Post by michael123 »

picked it up 2 days ago.

The car: due to local taxes, costed me a small fortune
Momentum Plus
- Thunder Gray 728 - a very nice color!! I like it looks different under sun, a bit blueish
- All the security features, including BLIS
- Harman Kardon Premium sound
- 360 Camera
- Skid Plate Styling kit (Op. # 86333)
- 19" 5-Double Spoke Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel C924 (Op # 77064-2) - complete wheels with Pirelli P-Zero tires

IMG_20190822_061139.jpg

IMG_20190821_083129.jpg

For me hard to understand all the complaints
- the finish of the car is impeccable, at least for my untrained eye hard to find anything
- it is very quiet. I did not ride though on various roads yet. With Harman Kardon I don't hear any sound from outside almost very quiet sound of my tires.
- Audio is not like I have at home, but very capable. I disabled surround effects and equalizer (as a true audiophile :) ), the sound is quite spacious and clean.
- 360 Camera is very nice. High resolution, low noise also in the garage under low light. A must have.

Less so rosy things:
- Does seems like the car eats gas for breakfast, lunch and dinner :) don't have the figures yet, but it is not like the mini cooper of my wife
- it takes around 5 minutes for Spotify in Sensus to start playing. Since my ride to work is about 10 min (usually I take electric scooter anyway), 5 minutes in silence means 50%
- I don't have navigatoin in the car -- there is waze & google maps. Is there a way to remove that section completely in home screen says no navigation???
- When I use android auto (i.e. connected with the USB cable), the 'Phone' section on the Sensus screen does not operate
- Hebrew support on a dash display is fine (i.e. it is reversed as this is right to left language), and on the Sensus screen it is not

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Looking good👌
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Thanks, I probably the only one here with the kit ;-)
Henners2748

Post by Henners2748 »

Mazal Tov Michael,

I lived in Israel for 10 yrs and one of the things i missed about the UK was owning a brand new car. Now im back in the UK, the first thing I bought was a new XC 40 T4 Inscription. I only have to wait til Jan 17th for mine :(

Enjoy Achi
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Thanks for the kind words :)
michael123

Post by michael123 »

I installed yesterday an update for Spotify (maybe it was released before, I was travelling for 3 weeks), and it seems that it resolved the connectivity issues.
Spotify connects quickly, and there is virtually no buffering or blackouts even during 'Extreme' quality