Automatically Connect Car to IPhone Personal Hotspot

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mpkid123

Post by Mpkid123 »

I am not sure if this is covered elsewhere so I thought I would start a thread. I kept reading that you cannot set your IPhone to automatically connect to the car via the IPhone's Personal Hotspot each time you return to the car like you can do with Bluetooth. I read that you had to enable the personal hotspot setting on the phone each time after the car is started (I had to do this every time and it was annoying so I kept tinkering with the settings to see if I could figure something out). I am happy to say that I am now able to connect my IPhone 7 and 2019 XC40 via the phone's personal hotspot without touching the phone. Here is how I did it: Go to settings, communications and check the Vehicle WiFi Hot-spot block (an antenna symbol appears in the Sensus console when this box is checked). I can now operate Spotify and Tune-in via Sensus without taking the phone out of my pocket to enable the personal hotspot on my phone. I also have Bluetooth connected so I get my phone calls through Sensus without touching the phone. I have been doing this for a month now and the Personal Hotspot connects every single time I start the car. If you pay for a Personal Hotspot with your cell phone plan give it a try and see if it works for you.

michael123

Post by michael123 »

That's the car that automatically connects to Wi Fi once it sees it.
What you need to do is to turn On your iPhone hotspot once you get into the car
Mpkid123

Post by Mpkid123 »

I don’t think you understood my post. This setting makes it so that I don’t have to turn on the personal hotspot when I get in the car. I leave the personal hotspot permanently on. The car and phone automatically connect to each other and I can leave my phone in my pocket and never touch it when I get in and out of the car.