First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

I thought that each dealer had been allocated a certain number of First Edition cars that were colour and wheel size changeable. Maybe some dealers were ordering more than they were allocated.

Masergs

Post by Masergs »

Alistair72 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm I thought that each dealer had been allocated a certain number of First Edition cars that were colour and wheel size changeable. Maybe some dealers were ordering more than they were allocated.
Just spoke to my dealer, saying all there allocated petrol cars now sold, just one Diesel slot left available
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Ouch! I learnt my lesson when going for an special edition XC90 in the past, order placed and then got the “sorry Volvo have stopped taking orders” end of. No recourse as order not confirmed by manufacturer and was known to a limited number release.

There was then a new pricelist issued pretty much days later, and yes you guessed it, there were price increases across the board. Not saying past is an indication of future.....
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Contacted my dealer tonight for an update on my 1/2/18 order for the XC40 T5 First Edition and was told there is no change to the expected delivery date of 13/3/18. Hopefully this will be confirmed at the launch evening on Thursday.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
Mondiniho

Post by Mondiniho »

My first interaction with Volvo, and I'm dissapointed. Especially if I now lose out on an excellent deal that I'd sourced for a Merc GLC.
Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

Looks like I will be going for a Lexus nx then as I wasn't prepared to spend £40k on an unseen undriven car! Good luck I hope it's a fab car.
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

My dealer made it quite clear when placing my FE order, and I think that other people have spoken about it aswell, that it was almost a given that my deposit would be refunded if I were to change my mind upon first view/test drive of the car, there really isn't much commitment until you sign all the paperwork at handover... Shame however none the less.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Bob

Post by Bob »

It is my first interaction with Volvo as well.
I'm still going to go to the launch tomorrow and see what they have to say, but there is a good chance they will lose me as a potential customer, especially after being told last week that they'll be taking orders for the FE until the end of March. Unless there are some good deals to had on the other models I'll be waiting until July to order the new Q3.
When I find a brand I like I tend to stick with it:
  • BMW motorcycles - on my fifth in 12 years
  • Audi Cars - on my fifth in 14 years
If I got a Volvo, and liked it, based on my past history I'd probably buy another 4! ;)

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

"My dealer made it quite clear when placing my FE order, and I think that other people have spoken about it aswell, that it was almost a given that my deposit would be refunded if I were to change my mind upon first view/test drive of the car, there really isn't much commitment until you sign all the paperwork at handover... Shame however none the less.
Top"

That seems a most unusual business practice, take deposit, refund deposit, sell pre-ordered car on at a discount?
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Harrydog wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm "My dealer made it quite clear when placing my FE order, and I think that other people have spoken about it aswell, that it was almost a given that my deposit would be refunded if I were to change my mind upon first view/test drive of the car, there really isn't much commitment until you sign all the paperwork at handover... Shame however none the less.
Top"

That seems a most unusual business practice, take deposit, refund deposit, sell pre-ordered car on at a discount?
Sorry you've lost me. Where did the "sell pre-order on at a discount" come in?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18