First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Well I've only just confirm my colours and wheels, crystal white, charcoal and 19 inchers for my T5 FE to my dealer this morning and no mention of not continuing the order because of closed order book, so I will wait and see what happens next - will keep the forum posted on developments! Otherwise I might wait for a new Q3 as well
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker

chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Hello,

Just joined the forum as I ordered a XC40 FE T5 with big wheels in January. Order was fulfilled, but I have been told today that:

- I won't get the 20" wheels
- I won't get the headlamp washers (!)

To some this doesn't sound like much, but to me, it's a complete dealbreaker now.

I've called up a couple of dealers and it appears all UK dealers have had this memo from HQ that some of the last orders for the FE won't be built to spec. My dealer has been understanding and is really mortified they have their launch tomorrow and this memo has put a dampener on things (plus people can't order the FE anymore) - they are going to try and see what they can do, but I'm not happy....
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

This is a lot of bad news just before launch day.

ChingfOrd - Assuming you'd be okay with 19"'s I'd be immediately asking for £775 off the price (being difference between the two spec's in the pricelist. Can't dealers retrofit at later date!? This is just stupid by Volvo.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

That is very poor. They should just get more 20 inch wheels! What do they mean by ‘ last orders’? Was there a cut off date mentioned?
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

The memo said "give the customer a £350 discount for the loss of 20" wheels and headlamp washers".

It's insulting.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Sounds like the supply end is letting them down. Insulting and not well thought through. First step should have been at least letting those affected make the decision whether they want to wait for components to arrive, and if not offer them a sensible alternative and "compensation". Volvo are pitching in the premium market and so they need to managed those premium customers expectations with a similar premium response.

What is this going to do the second hand market - "Oh you've got a FE for sale - which one was that?!" Hey it might become a collectors item (not!)
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Poor customer service from Volvo. Surely the cut off date should have been made clear to any potential buyer before purchasing and not announced retrospectively. Can see this being the major topic of conversation at the launch evening. Am I getting the car I've ordered or not? Is the information the st dealer is giving me coming from the dealer or Volvo? I'll be looking for proof positive that I'm getting the truth.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
jd40

Post by jd40 »

"Failure to supply goods as described" springs to mind. Rant over.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Just spoke to my dealer, Grimsby Volvo and they haven't heard of any problems with sourcing FE's and are still putting orders through............... Also they didn't know anything re the 20" alloys, though I've ordered 19", so not overly worried. but I will be annoyed if I don't get headlamp washers to go with the high tech LED bending headlamps!
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

That's even more frustrating...it's fine in Grimsby, but in Kent, we're stuffed...the three dealers I called up all confirmed the same info to me. I am thinking that anyone who ordered one with the 20" wheels in late Jan to now has been told that they can't have them. Oh, my dealer also said that T5 is not available anymore for new orders and only the D4 can be had...