First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Stewbe

Post by Stewbe »

Does anyone know if any dealers are still offering a D4 FE?? Frustratingly after test driving one today and not googling prior to today, I didn't know the FE was essentially a limited edition car. Now I'm just trying to see if anyone, anywhere has one available to order.

Jrfrost

Post by Jrfrost »

I was at Sturgess Leicester on Thursday and they said they were still taking orders, can’t confirm as I ordered mine in January.

Waiting to hear on a delivery date as they said the ‘pipeline’ is full of dealer stock orders at the moment but that could flip around

J
Stewbe

Post by Stewbe »

Jrfrost wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 pm I was at Sturgess Leicester on Thursday and they said they were still taking orders, can’t confirm as I ordered mine in January.

Waiting to hear on a delivery date as they said the ‘pipeline’ is full of dealer stock orders at the moment but that could flip around

J
Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow... just in case!
senwar

Post by senwar »

There’s a few around. I ordered one for April delivery via Clive Brook yesterday.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Stewbe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 pm Does anyone know if any dealers are still offering a D4 FE?? Frustratingly after test driving one today and not googling prior to today, I didn't know the FE was essentially a limited edition car. Now I'm just trying to see if anyone, anywhere has one available to order.
One of the broker sites says there are D4 FE available from Paul Rigby Volvo Birmingham, Marshal Volvo Leeds and Lincoln Volvo.
Stewbe

Post by Stewbe »

Have found one last D4 FE at full RRP... I'm in a quandary now, what are peoples thoughts??
BA777

Post by BA777 »

If you want/need the features the FE has then from what I've seen it'll save you money compared to configuring it yourself.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Osmium Grey | 20" wheels | Ordered 07/02/18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Stewbe wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 pm Have found one last D4 FE at full RRP... I'm in a quandary now, what are peoples thoughts??
Its going to be supply v demand. If you don't have it, someone will.

You need to decide how much you want it. Wasn't as bad for me as I'm leasing. I was initially quoted £3.6k off via carwow, this dropped during launch week but then on Friday all 5 dealers increased the discount again. Not sure if this was due to the fact they couldn't get them so wanted to tempt me through the door to chat. I'd already ordered though
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Stewbe wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 pm Have found one last D4 FE at full RRP... I'm in a quandary now, what are peoples thoughts??
Grab it. But make sure they confirm the order and give you a delivery date.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Just had my T5 FE XC40 confirmed verbally this morning by the dealer. They say it will probably be without headlamp washers but can't be definite which is amazing, so Crystal White T5 petrol with Charcoal and 19" alloys. Delivery is being projected as June/July, so looks like they will be making the First Edition for a while yet! Will update again when I get this confirmed in writing!
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker