First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Harrydog I also wonder where the "sell pre-ordered car on at a discount" comes from , it would simply be a case of my build slot would become available to somebody else..? I'm sure they would have no problem shifting it especially as they are no longer accepting new orders!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!

Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

All the pre built cars I have had I have had a good discount on. Audi, Mercedes and a Discovery. I guess if you want one that you don't mind the colour of internal and external or the wheel choice that's great. I wouldn't expect to pay full price that's all.
I will have a look at one tomorrow, I have a test drive booked for Saturday. I am open mined but would rather have my choice than someone else's if paying 40k for a car.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Why would you be having someone else’s car? It’s the production slot that becomes available which you spec up for what you want. Happened to me a couple of times that a customer cancelled their order, slot is then rejigged to my specs and ended up with the car (with no compromises) weeks/months earlier than when I was expecting. Only proviso is that the factory hasn’t gone final on the specs.

Anyway good luck tomorrow and Saturday.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

I'm cancelling my order...From Volvo UK:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

I can advise that the dealer are correct.

Due to unprecedented demand, we’ve reached full capacity for some items. 20” wheels and headlamp washers are no longer available.

We are very sorry however we regret that there is nothing more we can do and we will not be reviewing any goodwill on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Customer Relations Consultant
[Name/Number removed]

custcare@volvocars.com

Volvo Retailers – refer to Inside Volvo for contact information
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

chingf0rd wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 am I'm cancelling my order...From Volvo UK:

Good Morning,

Due to unprecedented demand, we’ve reached full capacity for some items. 20” wheels and headlamp washers are no longer available.

We are very sorry however we regret that there is nothing more we can do and we will not be reviewing any goodwill on this matter.

Kind Regards,

[Name/Number removed]

custcare@volvocars.com

Wow! My dealer hasn’t mentioned anything to me as yet, I spoke to him yeasterday morning too. I’ll be up at the launch this evening hopefully found out more info
XC40 FE - White 20” Wheels With headlight washers - Ordered 4th February 2018 & Delivered 10th April 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

[quote=chingf0rd post_id=561 time=1519295120 user_id=948

[/quote]

Volvo UK are now getting themselves into a total marketing mess. They still offer only the First Edition to build on their website and you can configure that with 20” wheels. A slight change is that they also now offer the Headlight Cleaning System as a no charge optional extra (rather than within the FE package). So any new buyer now will be totally confused if they think they can actually order what the configurator offers them.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Volvo UK are now getting themselves into a total marketing mess. They still offer only the First Edition to build on their website and you can configure that with 20” wheels. A slight change is that they also now offer the Headlight Cleaning System as a no charge optional extra (rather than within the FE package). So any new buyer now will be totally confused if they think they can actually order what the configurator offers them.
That is absolutely insane - so overnight, they've added a no cost option extra to the website configurator to add-on to your build that I cannot actually have? And the wheels are still there...? WTF?
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
wakey

Post by wakey »

Ordered mine on 6th January, I hope they don’t have problems with wheels, lights etc! I won’t be happy 🙄

I’m off to the launch tonight, it will be interesting (and embarrassing for the dealer) to see if there are any supply issues on existing orders.
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

How embarrassing is this going to be for the dealers come doors open at 5.30pm tonight?

I suppose they have an easier spin message "its been so successful" that First Editions are not available (unless you live in Grimsby :? ) as that was limited edition and have sold out. Also (as I understood it) the doors are open to fully configure any spec car from today so it business as usual??

Not so good/easy for those that have been hit by recent days events - and either know about it and haven't yet been told. Has anyone yet determined where the cut off is? Late Jan orders, earlier?
Last edited by Boomer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

chingf0rd wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 am I'm cancelling my order...From Volvo UK:

Good Morning,

Kind Regards,

[Name/Number removed]

custcare@volvocars.com

What happened to the £350 “goodwill” mentioned in the memo yesterday?