First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mondiniho

Post by Mondiniho »

I ordered a First Edition on the 7th Feb

I've had a call from my dealer this morning to say that they've been informed by Volvo, that this will NOT be progressed. :? :evil:

Only orders made before the start of Feb will be accepted.

This means in order to spec a similar R-Design car will now be in the region of £42.5k... which will mean that apart from the additional £3k cost, it would be subject to the Luxury Car tax, so around another £1200 over 3 years.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Oh dear, it looks like they'll loose a sale from me then, I was going to order one if I liked what I saw on Thursday. When I was in the Volvo garage last week they told me the FEs would be available until the end of March. Not good, there was no way was I going to order one until I'd seen it in the flesh.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

I've just been told by a dealer they can't quote me on FE's any more - that said, think I'll go Momentum anyway.
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Bob wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm Oh dear, it looks like they'll loose a sale from me then, I was going to order one if I liked what I saw on Thursday. When I was in the Volvo garage last week they told me the FEs would be available until the end of March. Not good, there was no way was I going to order one until I'd seen it in the flesh.
You could have ordered as there would have been no risk to yourself if cancelled - This is where first edition models are useful as typically have no option list so dead easy for any dealer to re-allocate to another buyer...
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
PC40

Post by PC40 »

At the preview event I attended before Christmas I was told that the first edition was limited to a total of 1200 cars.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Mondininho wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:45 pm
This means in order to spec a similar R-Design car will now be in the region of £42.5k... which will mean that apart from the additional £3k cost, it would be subject to the Luxury Car tax, so around another £1200 over 3 years.

I make a fully loaded R-Design Pro T5 £4.2k more than the FE. That makes £5k+ more with the extra road tax. I don't think Volvo will sell many at that price.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

What also need to take into consideration is fact that you are loading a standard spec R-design with 9k's worth of options that essentially depreciate straight off the car as soon as delivered, versus a higher value but standard spec 1st Edition - That's why the FE was a great deal as had every bell & whistle on it.

To be honest, if FE was not available then I wouldn't be looking to add every bell anyway!
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
wakey

Post by wakey »

PC40 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 pm At the preview event I attended before Christmas I was told that the first edition was limited to a total of 1200 cars.
1200 seems very low, is that UK or global?
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
PC40

Post by PC40 »

That was UK. I was also told that about 600 had been accounted for pre Christmas. I think that figure would include dealer demos.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Mondininho wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:45 pm I ordered a First Edition on the 7th Feb

I've had a call from my dealer this morning to say that they've been informed by Volvo, that this will NOT be progressed. :? :evil:

Only orders made before the start of Feb will be accepted.

Ouch, though my dealer was chasing me re finalising colour today so not sure what to think now - are they going to tell me that I can't now have a T5 First edition, or is it just D4's that are affected? I made my order last Friday 16th Feb and the main dealer has taken a deposit payment
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker