First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Boomer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 pm
Alistair72 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 pm It certainly will not be difficult to find things to talk about tonight!
But think of all the activity on this forum shortly after people leave the launch events and we compare notes, explanations given, etc
Exactly......can’t wait to hear what different dealers say!

Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Yes they're ears will be burning tomorrow for sure!!
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

I was going to go, but so depressed about what I've been told that I'm binning it.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

chingfOrd, have you seen it in the flesh yet? Don't rule it out just yet. And besides if I was in your shoes I wouldn't miss out on having that face to face conversation with the dealer. Especially on launch night.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Boomer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:45 pm chingfOrd, have you seen it in the flesh yet? Don't rule it out just yet. And besides if I was in your shoes I wouldn't miss out on having that face to face conversation with the dealer. Especially on launch night.
Yup - I saw it in Maidenhead preview back in December. It's a fabulous car. I am having discussions with the dealer anyway, but they are at the bottom of the chain of things - the memos come from Volvo UK and not sure what the dealership can do. Call me sensitive (actually, don't :oops: ) but I don't think I could face taking a car which is 95% what I wanted and have the 100% disappointment every time I see someone else's.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Breaking news!

So dealer has been on the phone - Volvo have ran out of MY18 FE and are now making 'a few more' FE for MY19. So I am now on a priority for MY19 FE with my intended spec. That's good news, except that I probably won't get it until May/June time now...

Something to discuss with dealers tonight!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Breaking news and good news indeed. Perhaps someone at volvo is watching these threads. Well done (and hope you are heading for a viewing and nibbles tonight now).

No doubt this won't help the confusion now over whether the FE is available or not, and if it is for how long. Tricky time for those on the fence/not put an order in yet. Good luck everyone.
Last edited by Boomer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

chingf0rd wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:37 pm Breaking news!

So dealer has been on the phone - Volvo have ran out of MY18 FE and are now making 'a few more' FE for MY19. So I am now on a priority for MY19 FE with my intended spec. That's good news, except that I probably won't get it until May/June time now...

Something to discuss with dealers tonight!
That's great news - lets keep fingers crossed for all concerned - I wonder if that means that headlamp washers might be re-instated for MY19 models as opposed to MY18.5 without?
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
Mondiniho

Post by Mondiniho »

My dealer has rang me

My order for the FE will go through, without the 20" and the headlamp washers. (The £350 wasn't mentioned, but I'd got a nice discount through CarWow anyway)

I wasn't too bothered by the alloys (as I'd only said oh why not at the last moment) - the headlamp washers is a bit of a random thing not to include....

He didn't mention about any delays in delivery - but that doesn't bother me as I wouldn't pick it up till July anyway.
Jdh

Post by Jdh »

Ordered a my19 d4 fe today no 20" or washing headlights or £350.