Caring for Leather Seats

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ejd

Post by ejd »

The XC40 is the first car I've had with leather seats - and I've gone in at the deep end with Blond leather! I'm not sure what I need to do to look after them. It's only my wife and I who are ever in the car and the mileage is low - in the 5 months we've had it since new, it's done under 1,800 miles.

Against my better judgement, my wife insisted we have the dealer's paint protection (Supagard re-branded, I think) which includes leather seat protection. So, I have some extra barrier cream that came with the protection and the wipes Volvo throw in.

Any thoughts on what I should do would be welcome. Thanks.

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I have partial leather seats and use leather surface cleaning wipes once a month to keep them looking good.
Plenty to choose from on Amazon or Ebay. For example

XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

I have had several cars with white leather and would suggest a good quality three in one leather cream which cleans, nourishes and protects the leather. Readily available from brands such as Autoglym, Meguiars etc and not expensive.Use it every couple of months but more often in the winter when the seat heaters are used regularly and the oils in the leather dry out more quickly
T5 R Design Pro AWD in Bursting Blue with Xenium, Winter Plus, Intellisafe and Convenience packs
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

I've just treat myself to a car cleaning / detailing kit from dodo juice. They do a ton of stuff plus leather cleaning stuff.

https://dodojuice.net/search?q=Leather+cleaner

Here's what they say about cleaning modern day car leather.

| XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Geartronic | Black Stone | 360 Degree Camera | Intellisafe Pack |
ejd

Post by ejd »

Thanks to everyone for their input.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

I got a small kit for my car from Volvo
# 31393558

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-leather-care-wet-wipe-31393559