T3 owners, what’s your town MPG?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

How bad is it? ;)
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus

stu22

Post by stu22 »

In the first 1000 miles my wife has averaged 33mpg in ours, pretty much all town miles and she has a heavy right foot!
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Getting 35mpg around town, 45 on A and B roads and hoping for something close to 50 when I get around to some motorway driving. That's on comfort setting. Not tried Eco setting much.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
K1t

Post by K1t »

Just completed around 410 miles, so early days yet, mainly around town and getting 35.4, then I added a couple of, enthusiastic, trips to Oxford and back, returned 36.8mpg. My driving mode is set to Individual (which is mainly Dynamic with a few things disabled, like stop/start, auto wipers etc to restore at least some control back to me!) For me this set-up suits the manual gearbox a treat, but I do HATE though, this bloody modern trend of 'Rev-Hold' between gear changes, talk about wasteful and IMO, unnecessary, Volo tell me "its to help drivers make smoother gear changes" load of tosh! :roll: Just LOVIN` the car though! :)
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
TGxc40

Post by TGxc40 »

Mainly short journeys so far, 27.6 average (t3 auto). My previous diesel was getting about half that...
FGC5074

Post by FGC5074 »

I have a T3 Geartronic. In the first 700 miles I had two fills (shell V-power). With both of them I got 33mpg driving about town and shortish trips on country roads. I have just done a 300 mile round trip down to Gloucester using the M6 on the way down and the A49 on the way up. I have just filled up again and consumption on that trip was 35 mpg. I find Eco mode perfectly acceptable from a driving point of view (except for overtaking on A-roads) but I expected better than 35mpg on a long trip in that mode.

Whilst on the M6 in Brum, I managed to test the crash-avoidance system for real. I am pleased to say it worked - I would almost certainly have hit the car in front without it. That Sensus system can be quite a distraction.... Lesson leant??
Last edited by FGC5074 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drjamesr

Post by drjamesr »

“Whilst on the M6 in Brum, I managed to test the crash-avoidance system for real. I am pleased to say it worked - I would almost certainly have hit the car in front without it. That Sensus system can be quite a distraction.... Lesson leant??”

10 out of ten for collision avoidance. A real life saver. Or is that Sensus, the driver interface that's so dangerous it has to have a collision avoidance add on?
XC40 Inscription, D4 AWD, Pine Grey, black leather faced, 19” double spoke #924, Xenium, Intellisense surround, Winter/Htd wheel, Spare wheel
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

'10 out of ten for collision avoidance. A real life saver. Or is that Sensus, the driver interface that's so dangerous it has to have a collision avoidance add on?'

I would say the latter. I'm starting to think of it as the 'senseless' interface...
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.