Thinking of an XC40, some questions though

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
BBill

Post by BBill »

1. Awful. Rear view camera and intellisafe surround highly recommended, I have both and I am happy with them.

2. Yes, I never tried but the owner's manual says they are.

3. Not sure, that pack is not available in my country (or is named differently)

4. Depends on what you consider important. Read very carefully the pricelist before ordering, the optionals descriptions are very precise but overwhelming.

5. I have a momentum and they are a standard feature. Again, read very carefully the pricelist for your country as there may be some differences.

6. In my country the spare wheel is an optional feature (and if You want it is worth ordering with the car. The aftermarket price is 400% higher). But consider it is not a full size wheel. And if You ask if a full size wheel would fit inside the car.... the answer is no. If you order the spare wheel they will remove the compressor and repair kit (but You can buy the same kit or better on amazon for about 30€....).

7. You did't ask but I have to say .... THIS CAR IS FANTASTIC!!!!!

drjamesr

Post by drjamesr »

Q1 Rear view badly restricted and can hide overtaking cars. Made worse by shape of rear passenger door windows and thickness of door pillars.

Q2 Rear headrests do not fold down which says not much for safety priority. Every other manufacturer seems satisfied with the push down type that are so uncomfortable any back seat passenger us forced to raise them!

Q3 Possibly the headrests can be folded with the Convenience pack. 360 camera and blind spot system very useful
XC40 Inscription, D4 AWD, Pine Grey, black leather faced, 19” double spoke #924, Xenium, Intellisense surround, Winter/Htd wheel, Spare wheel
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Unfortunately to get the 360 cameras you have to have one of the Intellisafe packages and either the Xenium package or front park assist (if not part of the spec) as well so it starts getting expensive, a lot more than £700! I've got a trailer which I thought the camera would be useful for as well.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

ChrisLF wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:27 pm Unfortunately to get the 360 cameras you have to have one of the Intellisafe packages and either the Xenium package or front park assist (if not part of the spec) as well so it starts getting expensive, a lot more than £700! I've got a trailer which I thought the camera would be useful for as well.
It was showing as a separate upgrade of £700 for just the 360 camera on the uk configuration tool yesterday but it now undergoing maintenance for the XC40
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I have a downloaded pdf of the price list and against the 360 cameras it refers to a footnote where it states what I have said i.e. you have to have other options which I assume have functionality required by the 360 camera system. You can't have 360 cameras as a standalone option unfortunately. See extract from Price List. By my reckoning the cheapest you can get the 360 cameras for a Momentum or R-Design (Inscription includes Front Park Assist as standard) is £700 + £600 + £325 (360 cameras + Intellisafe Surround + Front Park assist) = £1625.

Just Google Volvo XC40 price list and download it. It is very useful for the specifications of each trim level and what you get with each pack and other accessories. I found it invaluable for arriving at my spec.

Normally with a configurator it will flag up if other options are required in addition to that chosen and you must add them - will be interesting to see what it says once it is up and running again.

From Price List.JPG

2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Thanks everybody for your thoughts, well I have ordered a car (D3 Momentum with winter pack, front parking assist, smartphone integration)

Am being quoted November for delivery, Given that I might contact the Dealer again to add Convenience pack and Rear parking camera and go on a saving spree to have the cash for them collected up by time delivery occurs. What could possibly go wrong!

incidentally the dealer told me a new price list is coming out (Edition 4) and the price of the diesel is jumping up £400!
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

If you are going to change your order I'd do it as soon as possible otherwise your car might be seriously delayed as others have found.

Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

I changed it within a week of the original order so all being well wont have caused a delay,
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack