Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

ste12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:14 pm Well, if you ordered an FE in January then delivery should be soon as others on here ordered similar time and have collected already. Maybe give your dealership a nudge. Your wait compared to all of the non FE orders is relatively short : )
I’m just being the typical impatient woman I think 😂 i went for the FE expecting them to be out pretty quick after the launch but guess not... not sure I want to chase my dealer again as each time I do it goes back....
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!

David56

Post by David56 »

RachThomo wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am
ste12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:14 pm Well, if you ordered an FE in January then delivery should be soon as others on here ordered similar time and have collected already. Maybe give your dealership a nudge. Your wait compared to all of the non FE orders is relatively short : )
I’m just being the typical impatient woman I think 😂 i went for the FE expecting them to be out pretty quick after the launch but guess not... not sure I want to chase my dealer again as each time I do it goes back....
I'm the same, originally told will be delivered to the dealer 25th April, nothing...waited a week then contacted them and was told its delayed up to 2 weeks.
If that is it, brilliant but I'm not holding breath.
The thing that gets me, in this day and age with all the technology and communications available, they dont bother to keep me updated without me having to chase!
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

David56 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:07 am
RachThomo wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am
I'm the same, originally told will be delivered to the dealer 25th April, nothing...waited a week then contacted them and was told its delayed up to 2 weeks.
If that is it, brilliant but I'm not holding breath.
The thing that gets me, in this day and age with all the technology and communications available, they dont bother to keep me updated without me having to chase!
I think that’s the most frustrating thing having to ask to be told that it’s yet again delayed. Not holding out any hope for the 15th of May!!
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

Just seen our nice FE waiting to be registered in Lincoln, but the Volvo IT system won’t allow it . Very frustrating. We had been asked to collect Saturday am now it looks like next week. Seen it, touched it, drooled over it but can’t drive it !!! hope Mr Volvo gets his act together before frustration turns to total disappointment
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

I called up my dealer today to get me a full print out of the system for my "19MY" FE order. I'm pretty convinced that mine won't come across as a First Edition on the V5C but will just say R-Design. I think those who complained about the late-spec changes due to running out of parts, will get a 19MY R-Design spec'd to FE with no price change. Anyway, the dates haven't slipped so far - still got a 6 June estimated delivery:

dates.jpg

MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

chingf0rd - have you got sight of the full screen/page? Can you see a line which says Core Spec? In there will be an alphanumeric Code beginning with 536. The content of that should tell you if the car you’re getting will be classed as an FE or an R-Design. The description in that line should match.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

pjm007 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:00 pm chingf0rd - have you got sight of the full screen/page? Can you see a line which says Core Spec? In there will be an alphanumeric Code beginning with 536. The content of that should tell you if the car you’re getting will be classed as an FE or an R-Design. The description in that line should match.
Here you go...

Page1.jpg

MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Well that confirms it, although when I check previous posts we already discussed this back on early April! The R5 code confirms it’s an R-Design and not a First Edition (code RJ). I expect the V5 will say the same. However, once delivered we presume it will be fully spec’d up to FE level and your bonus is it’s a MY2019 car rather than 18.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
sc55

Post by sc55 »

My Volvo dealer showed me this document from VCUK. I think it should help those of us still waiting for a delivery date.

2018-05-04 19.57.59.jpg

2018-05-04 19.57.25.jpg

On order: XC40 Inscription | T4 AWD | Intellisafe Pro, Winter Pack, Convenience Pack | Denim Blue
Estimate Delivery 12/09/2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Fascinating! And now that I have read it all - it just shows the complexity of the total mess that Volvo have got themselves into. It demonstrates that their whole sales and operations planning (S&OP) process is in total disarray (if they even have such a process), and due to key factors such as poor forecasting (a sales problem), and what appears to be very inflexible production and supplier management, a major imbalance has been created between demand and supply. Rearrange the following words - foot themselves the in shot.
Last edited by pjm007 on Fri May 04, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.