Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

Post by 01142007 »

I have just literally taken a call from my dealer who has staetd that i will not get the end of September for my T3 Momentum, he has stated that it has been brought forward and locked in and will now have this the 2nd week of September, i am presuming that this is because of the model. I feel for you guys who have to wait longer

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Yes, Volvo told the dealers a while ago about the build priority

Post here explains it viewtopic.php?p=3491#p3491
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Emwra

Post by Emwra »

Hi All,

I was advised by dealership that my XC40 R Design has been delayed from July until November however was told to contact Customer Relations who have more accurate estimated delivery dates. Customer Relations have come back to say they cannot advise on delivery dates and to contact the dealer......what is the point in a Customer Relations team if they do not have access to simple info such as delivery dates?

Has anyone else had any success getting anything from the Customer Relations team?
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Emwra wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:55 pm
Has anyone else had any success getting anything from the Customer Relations team?

No. They are adept and I am sure specifically trained in passing the buck. However, I did once get an answer when I rejected their first “buck passing” tactic and insisted on an answer. Hard work.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
agoodomen

Post by agoodomen »

Hi! I ordered a T4 Inscription in March and I have not been allocated a build date by the factory yet. The initial forecast is for a delivery date set in DECEMBER!! The dealer is willing to refund the 10% deposit due to the very long lead times... this is appalling.
T4 Inscription Crystal White.
Ordered March 2018; Delivery date: December 2018 :roll:
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Emwra wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:55 pm Hi All,

I was advised by dealership that my XC40 R Design has been delayed from July until November however was told to contact Customer Relations who have more accurate estimated delivery dates. Customer Relations have come back to say they cannot advise on delivery dates and to contact the dealer......what is the point in a Customer Relations team if they do not have access to simple info such as delivery dates?

That seems to be the standard response to any questions put their way.
XC40 D4 First Edition Crystal White 20" wheels
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I am wondering if Volvo UK is stretching the truth a little. The Volvo website is still only flagging up delays and short supply of R Design models, no mention of Momentum or Inscription delays or is four - five or more months considered normal
stevesall

Post by stevesall »

Hi placed order 24 April, Inscription Pro T5, just received a delivery date January 18th.

9 Month wait and that’s if they can keep to target!
Inscription Pro T5 AWD Onyx Black Ordered April
ste12

Post by ste12 »

aj05 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 am I am wondering if Volvo UK is stretching the truth a little. The Volvo website is still only flagging up delays and short supply of R Design models, no mention of Momentum or Inscription delays or is four - five or more months considered normal
I think any XC40 that arrives at the moment within 4-5 months of order would be considered "good" for most people on here. 6 months is probably "normal" based on a lot of comments. AlexKs sad situation (11 months on a March order) is ridiculous. I used to think 3 months was normal for any new car.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
Harv7722

Post by Harv7722 »

Hi just popped into my local dealer after reading the latest comments. I ordered a XC40 R-design Pro T4 osmium grey on the 10th March the dealer logged into my order and his computer is showing a build date of 2nd July with delivery on the 11th July. Fingers crossed nothing changes from now till then.