Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bob

Post by Bob »

Whilst pleased for you, as I ordered 9 days before you I'll be somewhat pi$$ed off if you get yours 20 days before me! :o
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

Taff

Post by Taff »

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he tells me my car is in the country and should be with him in a couple of days, two months earlier than first delivery date.
Now need to sort out the hand back of current car.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.
BA777

Post by BA777 »

After an email to Volvo I now have a V40 on loan until mine arrives in October. Shame it took an E-mail to get that offered but I did order start of Feb :lol:
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Osmium Grey | 20" wheels | Ordered 07/02/18
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

Having ordered via a lease company on 22 May I thought I'd email them today to see if they had any updates.

No idea on build dates but they are expecting the car to be delivered to the supplying dealer on 19 January 2019 with delivery to me around a week later. So fingers crossed I'll see the car before the end of January. I'm assuming the dealer will be up north somewhere, as my Golf came with Leeds numberplates.

The lease on my Golf ends on 7 January but allows for an informal extension as long as necessary.

Only another 4 and a half months to wait!
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19
Christoph99

Post by Christoph99 »

Took delivery of my T4 AWD R-Design yesterday! 19" alloys, bursting blue, BLIS, sun roof, Apple Car Play, and, and, and much more. Order date was 21 January 2018.

LOTS to discover and work out how to use but so far overall really happy. Only downsides so far - car smelt pretty strongly (oil?) at first, but that's tailing off now, park out hasn't yet worked once - gotta keep trying it or will have to return to the dealer (any tips anyone?) and MPG. OK so I've only had the car since yesterday but I zeroed the consumption figure and it's still showing about 14 litres/100 km = 20 mpg! Consumption seems very high, very quickly when I set off (30 litres or more). Does anyone have any experience of this settling down after time?

But overall really good, oh and no problem with the foot-operated tailgate - works every time on open, still have to learn how to close it reliably but not a problem.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Haven’t got mine yet, so pure speculation, but other cars I’ve had with auto-parking only automatically exit the space if you’ve use the automatics to get into the space.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.

Post by 01142007 »

Been informed this morning that mine has been built and is on its way to the dealer, hopefully pick up next Monday
ZED

Post by ZED »

This message is aimed at those who have already taken delivery and/or those that are well versed in such matters and prepared for the big day!
Is there any information required from the dealer in order to set up all functions on for example Volvo on Call. I was thinking in terms of vehicle identification and/os passwords. I would like to set up car temperature and destination for navigation system in the first instance.
Whilst I shall be able to work from the manuals, I wish to avoid getting home without all of the necessary information.
Thanks in advance,

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
AndrewMcC

Post by AndrewMcC »

Took delivery yesterday after a long 5 months! (ordered mid-April)

Looks very nice and much more nimble than my X5. Set up the On Call at the dealer, but still have not manage to get the App to work! Lots still to work work out and set-up - spent hours in the garage playing last night!
2019 XC40 Fusion Red T5 R-Design 20"Alloys
AndrewMcC

Post by AndrewMcC »

ZED wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:12 pm This message is aimed at those who have already taken delivery and/or those that are well versed in such matters and prepared for the big day!
Is there any information required from the dealer in order to set up all functions on for example Volvo on Call. I was thinking in terms of vehicle identification and/os passwords. I would like to set up car temperature and destination for navigation system in the first instance.
Whilst I shall be able to work from the manuals, I wish to avoid getting home without all of the necessary information.
Thanks in advance,

ZED
I think they need the VIN number before they can set up the On Call (not sure about the Reg No)
2019 XC40 Fusion Red T5 R-Design 20"Alloys