Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I’ve just been told (because I asked) that mine’s on the wibbly wobbly water! Not long left. Supposedly it’s still going to take three weeks!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

AntD007

Post by AntD007 »

Was told earlier that mine is on the (wibbly wobbly 🤣) water and will be delivered to the dealer on the 26th. Even tho it's been built for the past 3 & a half week's. It's taken that long just to get on the boat.
XC40 Momentum Pro, Osmium grey, 19inc alloy wheels. Est delivery, end of Sep.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Interesting, they’re telling me they won’t get it until the 31st. I can’t believe it takes that long to get a little way up the North Sea! I can sail it in less time without an iron sail.
Ordered 11th May 2018
AntD007

Post by AntD007 »

hdasmith. I could over gone over to the factory, picked the car up myself, had a lovely time driving around Europe for 2 weeks, and come back home, and I would still be waiting for it to be on the boat. The cars been built since the 21st of Sep. It's just been sat there all that time waiting for it to be put on the boat. Crazy!
XC40 Momentum Pro, Osmium grey, 19inc alloy wheels. Est delivery, end of Sep.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

After a very long 222 days, I finally have a car

8B0FB8E2-9E81-4622-B792-3627FE059870.jpeg

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

Congratulations, enjoy it!
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Shaenei wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 pm After a very long 222 days, I finally have a car
Picked up mine today too, only driven 10 miles so far, There are sooo many settings to sort out!!

My first automatic after 44 years driving a manual so trip home was a bit nerve racking but I made it in one piece.
Found the seat very uncomfortable on the way home so I'm hoping a bit of playing around with the seat adjustment will sort that out...

I've fitted a matt screen protector to the centre screen already. Went on easily first attempt, zero specs of dust behind it and the touchscreen works perfectly. The matt finish cuts out most of the reflections but more importantly no finger marks :D
Dashcam will go in tomorrow, "loose" wired to start with but will hardwire it once I've confirmed that the camera doesn't interfere with the intellisafe gadgets.

I'll come back with pictures and initial thoughts later.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Rifleman wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 pm
Shaenei wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 pm After a very long 222 days, I finally have a car
Picked up mine today too, only driven 10 miles so far, There are sooo many settings to sort out!!

My first automatic after 44 years driving a manual so trip home was a bit nerve racking but I made it in one piece.
Found the seat very uncomfortable on the way home so I'm hoping a bit of playing around with the seat adjustment will sort that out...

I've fitted a matt screen protector to the centre screen already. Went on easily first attempt, zero specs of dust behind it and the touchscreen works perfectly. The matt finish cuts out most of the reflections but more importantly no finger marks :D
Dashcam will go in tomorrow, "loose" wired to start with but will hardwire it once I've confirmed that the camera doesn't interfere with the intellisafe gadgets.

How you finding the switch to an automatic? Ive only managed to slam the brakes on once so far when thinking I'm pressing the clutch.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Shaenei wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 pm
Rifleman wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 pm

How you finding the switch to an automatic? Ive only managed to slam the brakes on once so far when thinking I'm pressing the clutch.
Early days but all good so far, managed to keep my left foot firmly planted to the footrest. Need to get accustomed to the revs at which the gears change, especially when moving off from standstill. I'd have been in 3rd gear already in my manual while the XC40 is still in first...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

AntD007 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:08 pm hdasmith. I could over gone over to the factory, picked the car up myself, had a lovely time driving around Europe for 2 weeks, and come back home, and I would still be waiting for it to be on the boat. The cars been built since the 21st of Sep. It's just been sat there all that time waiting for it to be put on the boat. Crazy!
That’s moronic! What have they been doing all that time?!
Ordered 11th May 2018