Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Well I guess they never could have guess how much there are already ordered..
They can predict a sale forcast but it stays a prediction and like I said it exceed there expectation by far especially for the R-Design.
The R-Design is also the bottleneck they sold more then they predicted.

The R-Design takes off course longer to paint due to the painting black roof. First they paint the roof. Dry it then tape it off and then the car is sprayed.

In my country you can still order a Momentum or a Inscription and get it delivered end of the year.
But if you order a R-Design it will be early next year.
In my country the intro model sale ended in April.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September

RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

I’m wondering if Volvo have just got a bit too greedy with these. According to the dealer I’m (eventually) getting mine through, there was only ever supposed to be 4000 FE’s made but due to them 4000 all selling before the launch event they decided to up it which is the main cause of the back log on these. Maybe if they’d stuck to the original 4000 we woukd be driving round in them now as we should be!!
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
Roader

Post by Roader »

Hi, ordered FE D4 14th March with June delivery. Notified it had altered and had a date of 10th-14th September. Just had email saying it has altered again to the first week in October. It just keeps getting put back and back, probably be a new model out by the time it arrives if it ever does.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Roader wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:02 pm Hi, ordered FE D4 14th March with June delivery. Notified it had altered and had a date of 10th-14th September. Just had email saying it has altered again to the first week in October. It just keeps getting put back and back, probably be a new model out by the time it arrives if it ever does.
Looks like that brings you into the same time frame as the rest of us who ordered an FE in March then...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

So, I ordered a T5 R-Design Pro in early March.

It's taken until today for Volvo to formally accept my order and assign a build date... of 23rd Jan 2019.

That's a wait of three months to be told to wait another seven. Or, to put it another way, a likely total of 11 months from ordering to delivery.

Chaps, I genuinely hope you all enjoy your XC40s, whether you've been lucky enough to receive yours already or if you still have a wait ahead of you. I've been running a D4 XC40 press car for the last week so I know how good they are, but I don't have the patience required for XC40 ownership so I'll be cancelling and bowing out for now - maybe when the Twin Engine models arrive, Volvo will have sorted out their production issues.

Until then, all the best.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
senwar

Post by senwar »

What crap, and probably devastating news.

I do feel Volvo have made a right pigs ear of this. I've been fortunate enough to get one but genuinely feel for the people being kept in the dark and messed around
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

AlexK wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm So, I ordered a T5 R-Design Pro in early March.

It's taken until today for Volvo to formally accept my order and assign a build date... of 23rd Jan 2019.

That's a wait of three months to be told to wait another seven. Or, to put it another way, a likely total of 11 months from ordering to delivery.

Chaps, I genuinely hope you all enjoy your XC40s, whether you've been lucky enough to receive yours already or if you still have a wait ahead of you. I've been running a D4 XC40 press car for the last week so I know how good they are, but I don't have the patience required for XC40 ownership so I'll be cancelling and bowing out for now - maybe when the Twin Engine models arrive, Volvo will have sorted out their production issues.

That’s a terrible shame Alex. If you do bow out, may I simply say thanks for your many excellent contributions to this board over the months.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

AlexK wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm So, I ordered a T5 R-Design Pro in early March.

That's very disappointing and honestly shocking from Volvo. I wouldn't blame you for saying sod it and going elsewhere
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Sorry to see you duck out but completely understand - that is just taking the proverbial. But the twin engine could be an interesting time to drop back in. Thanks for all the contributions.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

I've just about reached the end of my tether with Volvo!! Placed my order on the 28th of Feb. This was an existing cancelled order so was already in the system. Was given an initial date of the early May. This naturally didn't materialize and was given a new date of the 13 of June (This Wednesday).
Decided to visit the dealer on Saturday to find out if the vehicle had arrived.... lo and behold it hadn't! The sales rep checked the system and said the date has been pushed back to the 18th of June.
I decided to call the sales manager this afternoon to complain and was in for another surprise.... The 18th of June is no longer and I'm now told the 5th of July is the expected delivery date. I know this will be a wonderful car if it ever arrives however, I fear I've lost all patience with Volvo. I'm going to sleep on it and make a decision in the morning.
FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D