Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mezzo

Post by Mezzo »

Defo do that
We had loads of issues besides the wait
Contacted every man and his dog at Volvo
nobody gave a monkeys -but still worth doing it’s a shame as lovley car but attitudes certainly takes shine off and feels like they doing you a favour hey ho
Happy &
Safe driving all

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:54 pm I'm a bit disappointed, yes, but not too fussed to honest, I've waited over 7 months so what difference does another 2 weeks make?
One thing I have learnt from all this is I've become more patient in my old age! :lol:
Just spoke to him myself and he's asked to arrange collection WC 14th October due to his holidays as you said so I'm hopefully collecting Friday afternoon subject to my car actually arriving.

This will make order to collection a huge 222 days, sightly less than your wait Bob
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

At last! Just been informed my FE is on it's way (I'm assuming that means it's on the transporter from which ever port they bring them in to. Still not picking it up until the 16th though (I believe that if it gets to them today they could have got it ready for tomorrow, but I'd rather they not rush it, instead take their time and make sure everything is right. Also the salesman is away next week, and I am busy, plus I'd rather have the handover from him, so my choice really).
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Graad

Post by Graad »

Hello,

I want to share with you my delivery date.
I ordered a XC40 T3 Momentum in aluminum gray, blond interior, about 4 months ago.

As my order was a professional leasing (in Belgium), I do not have the exact date, but it is towards the last week of May and the first of June.
The delivery date indicated was February 22, 2019, but is now about February 6 after a phone call last week.
Between 8 and 9 months of waiting ...

By speaking with dealers and many customers on other forums, some options can lead to significant delays (from a few weeks to several months) because subcontracting is a mess.

Options are :
- Heated windshield
- Heated front seats
- Full LED lights
- Tinted rear windows
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
Patrice03

Post by Patrice03 »

hi guys, took about 6 months for me and arrived about 2 months earlier. car arrived 4 days after production but must say same country as factory , so no transport delays
Bob

Post by Bob »

Bob wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am At last! Just been informed my FE is on it's way (I'm assuming that means it's on the transporter from which ever port they bring them in to. Still not picking it up until the 16th though (I believe that if it gets to them today they could have got it ready for tomorrow, but I'd rather they not rush it, instead take their time and make sure everything is right. Also the salesman is away next week, and I am busy, plus I'd rather have the handover from him, so my choice really).
And here is the proof:

New Car.jpg

I was passing the dealer today (P V Dobson) on my motorcycle so popped in to verify it was there (VIN checked out! :lol: ).
There were quite a few XC40s, so will be expecting to see a few more out and about after this week ;)
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Passed a transporter full of XC40s heading north bound on the A19 near Middlesborough/Hartlepool area on Friday last week. Some lucky people in the north will be getting theirs soon
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:01 pm And here is the proof:

New Car.jpg

I was passing the dealer today (P V Dobson) on my motorcycle so popped in to verify it was there (VIN checked out! :lol: ).
There were quite a few XC40s, so will be expecting to see a few more out and about after this week ;)
Good to see Bob, hopefully it'll have a twin in the next few days
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Bob

Post by Bob »

There was another, identical one in the compound, but it's VIN was much earlier than mine, so probably not yours ;)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:34 pm There was another, identical one in the compound, but it's VIN was much earlier than mine, so probably not yours ;)
😂 triplets

Doubt it is, thought I'd have been told if it had arrived and given a vin number.