Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

varavital wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 pm Same here, got the call today. Ordered 23th of january, delivered to the dealer today, will pick up next tuesday. Me happy :-)

(T4 R-Design Fwd)
Great news!! Look forward to seeing some pics!
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!

dew

Post by dew »

I don't know what to say about these 70 cars potentially left in the car park in Belgium and the fact that they are going to be shipped in the next 2 weeks...as I've ordered my FE crystal white D4 on the 5th of March... I've been given an approximate delivery time ( beginning of June) 9th of June....postponed for the 2nd of July... after that 18th of July and now they are saying 20th of August?!...
FE crystal white D4 ordered 5th of March.... initial delivery 9th of June, postponed already 4 time...now delivery potentially 20th of August
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

dew wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 pm I don't know what to say about these 70 cars potentially left in the car park in Belgium and the fact that they are going to be shipped in the next 2 weeks...as I've ordered my FE crystal white D4 on the 5th of March... I've been given an approximate delivery time ( beginning of June) 9th of June....postponed for the 2nd of July... after that 18th of July and now they are saying 20th of August?!...
Makes sense, I ordered mine 11th march and currently forecast for early September. Not sure why you've had so many delivery dates. My dealer told me mid April that mine has changed to September as it was previously early may
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
dew

Post by dew »

Shaenei wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 pm
dew wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 pm I don't know what to say about these 70 cars potentially left in the car park in Belgium and the fact that they are going to be shipped in the next 2 weeks...as I've ordered my FE crystal white D4 on the 5th of March... I've been given an approximate delivery time ( beginning of June) 9th of June....postponed for the 2nd of July... after that 18th of July and now they are saying 20th of August?!...
Makes sense, I ordered mine 11th march and currently forecast for early September. Not sure why you've had so many delivery dates. My dealer told me mid April that mine has changed to September as it was previously early may
I've only contacted my dealer 7 days before the given delivery dates and each time the system was changing the delivery date.
I imagine something went really wrong with this car as I've got one of the slots reserved in advance by the dealer from December or January with June delivery.... I think 11th of March order of FE might be from the "extended number of FE cars" which got really late delivery dates.
FE crystal white D4 ordered 5th of March.... initial delivery 9th of June, postponed already 4 time...now delivery potentially 20th of August
McToddy

Post by McToddy »

Must be the week for deliveries. mine is being delivered to me on Thursday - can't wait to have it at last, been a long 6 months wait!
Very excited but I'm sure it will take me ages to understand how everything works :roll:
FE T5 Bursting Blue, Arrived 19th July ordered 15th Jan :D
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

Hi all. Picked up my XC40 First Edition D4 last Tuesday and have been meaning to post a picture since, just haven't had the time... (too busy driving it!)😉
I've put 700 miles on her over the weekend, had a long drive up to Prestatyn and back via Snowdonia. The car performed flawlessly and so far only have a handful of concerns to do with build quality which I will list here.
1. Off side rear passenger door rubber moulding has a few scratches.
2. Found 2 screws in the drivers door pocket. They appear to be for the inner door arm rest however, they aren't missing from my door.
3. Front passenger door courtesy light found in the passenger door pocket.
I will be paying the dealer a visit to remediate these asap.
Even with the above minor issues, I'm one happy chappy 😊
FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

Attachment failed first time round!

20180710_162457.jpg

FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D
DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

Have been keeping my fingers crossed that my T4 Inscription was due to be at my dealership this week - as they said it might be.. Didn't hear from my salesman so called up only to find that:

a) the build of it has NOT yet started, despite what my salesman advised - just waiting for components to finish off he said
b) my original above mentioned salesman at Marshalls Volvo Nottingham, has left without so much as a handover or parting email to myself

Spoke to the Sales Manager who now believes it will (hopefully!) arrive at the end of August or start of September - if late Aug I've said I'll be leaving collection until 1st Sept for the new reg is my preference.

Very disappointed but if ETAs are correct, this is still earlier than some on this forum!

Anyway, just wanted to post my update on progress.
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

DaveSig2018 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 pm
b) my original above mentioned salesman at Marshalls Volvo Nottingham, has left without so much as a handover or parting email to myself
Which salesman is that Dave? I ordered my FE from Marshalls back in March and have had no feedback at all from them since. Very disappointing...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Dove

Post by Dove »

Got told my T3 is now delayed until Mid September. Ordered end of March, originally told mid July, then mid August. Communication from dealer, non existent - only ever get updates when I chase.

I am trying to negotiate a loan car from the dealer in the meantime - has anyone had any success in doing this ? Thanks