Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

Beeko Bill, my car was delivered Sep 29th, first I heard about a build date was Sep 10th. It only takes a few days to build so I think you need to be patient for a few more weeks. It's worth it!
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18

Mezzo

Post by Mezzo »

Last update was email from dealer a while back -car maybe expected 2/10
No updates or emails otherwise.
Had a phone call yesterday car on forecourt
and ready to pick up.
Went down at 4 pm and brought home.
So basically would say you never quite know .
Think month end may have something to do with that though ? :roll:
Bob

Post by Bob »

I had no info about build date, only got updates when I asked (normally monthly). Mine is supposed to arrive at the dealer today, but not heard anything, I expect I'll get a call saying it's ready to pick up, if I do I won't be ready as I have things to sort out that will take a couple of days, so it will be their turn to wait! ;)
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 am I had no info about build date, only got updates when I asked (normally monthly). Mine is supposed to arrive at the dealer today, but not heard anything, I expect I'll get a call saying it's ready to pick up, if I do I won't be ready as I have things to sort out that will take a couple of days, so it will be their turn to wait! ;)
😂 that'll be me next week hopefully, cant pickup until the weekend. I contacted him yesterday and got told mines still 9th October delivery.

Asked for the vin number and got nothing as I was going to use that to track the order myself
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shaenei wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 am
Bob wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 am I had no info about build date, only got updates when I asked (normally monthly). Mine is supposed to arrive at the dealer today, but not heard anything, I expect I'll get a call saying it's ready to pick up, if I do I won't be ready as I have things to sort out that will take a couple of days, so it will be their turn to wait! ;)
😂 that'll be me next week hopefully, cant pickup until the weekend. I contacted him yesterday and got told mines still 9th October delivery.

Asked for the vin number and got nothing as I was going to use that to track the order myself
He should have access to the VIN No. by now, perhaps Alan's been telling us both porkies! :o :lol:
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
deanio

Post by deanio »

Picking my wife’s up tomorrow. Can’t wait. Seems like ages ago that we ordered it.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:34 am He should have access to the VIN No. by now, perhaps Alan's been telling us both porkies! :o :lol:
Just doesn't want to share it with me :lol:, if he's lying to us both he'll get found out this week.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Bob

Post by Bob »

Well, I've just spoken to the dealer, he still hasn't received the email about when it's going to be on the transporter, but he is hopeful that it will come this week. Even if it does, at this late stage it is not likely to be ready before the weekend. As it happens, I'm busy next week, also the sales guy I'm dealing with is away next week and I'd rather deal with him any way, so, assuming the car arrives in the next 10 days, :roll: I've arranged for collection/handover for the 16th October, just 8 days shy of 8 months waiting! here's hoping! :?:
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:05 pm Well, I've just spoken to the dealer, he still hasn't received the email about when it's going to be on the transporter, but he is hopeful that it will come this week. Even if it does, at this late stage it is not likely to be ready before the weekend. As it happens, I'm busy next week, also the sales guy I'm dealing with is away next week and I'd rather deal with him any way, so, assuming the car arrives in the next 10 days, :roll: I've arranged for collection/handover for the 16th October, just 8 days shy of 8 months waiting! here's hoping! :?:
Oh good god, it's not good is it. Can't see either of us having good feedback if Volvo ask for our options. They'll get mine anyway, already got a draft email wrote to the Volvo UK MD telling him my opinion of everything.

Bob

Post by Bob »

I'm a bit disappointed, yes, but not too fussed to honest, I've waited over 7 months so what difference does another 2 weeks make?
One thing I have learnt from all this is I've become more patient in my old age! :lol: