Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

Sorry to see Markety, AlexK and a good omen leaving the crew.

I daren’t call my dealer* at the moment as I suspect it will lead to heartbreak and tears - possible legal action (day job). I will have to speak to them in August because if the last date they have given me is accurate, I will need to sell mine before September to have the deposit. My other half says I should walk away - buy the E Pace - but I want this car ( give me time - I’ll lose interest eventually)

This is my first experience of buying a brand new car. Whilst I acknowledge that this isn’t my dealer’s fault entirely; communication has been below appalling. Not helped by the apparent unfairness where someone placing an order after you, gets their car before you (yes, I get the whole D4 before D3 but why?). Worse, gets offered a cancelled order in preference to you - waiting customer.

Properly pissed off for me and everyone whose car date has slipped.

*same dealer mentioned in the “Oscar” thread more than once. If you’ve not read the “Oscar” thread, throughly recommend for the drama!
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18

RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

Luigiwhattt wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 pm Sorry to see Markety, AlexK and a good omen leaving the crew.

I daren’t call my dealer* at the moment as I suspect it will lead to heartbreak and tears - possible legal action (day job). I will have to speak to them in August because if the last date they have given me is accurate, I will need to sell mine before September to have the deposit. My other half says I should walk away - buy the E Pace - but I want this car ( give me time - I’ll lose interest eventually)

This is my first experience of buying a brand new car. Whilst I acknowledge that this isn’t my dealer’s fault entirely; communication has been below appalling. Not helped by the apparent unfairness where someone placing an order after you, gets their car before you (yes, I get the whole D4 before D3 but why?). Worse, gets offered a cancelled order in preference to you - waiting customer.

Properly pissed off for me and everyone whose car date has slipped.

*same dealer mentioned in the “Oscar” thread more than once. If you’ve not read the “Oscar” thread, throughly recommend for the drama!
Very much understanding your frustrations here. As this is the first time I’ve ordered and bought a brand new car I’m extremely disappointed with the whole process.
I’ve also considered the E pace and think if my 5th delivery date doesn’t go ahead I’ll be heading down that route!!
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
ste12

Post by ste12 »

XC40 review from forum member (AlexK) here https://www.testdriven.co.uk/volvo-xc40-review/ with reference to his tale of woe re delivery dates.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

ste12 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:56 am XC40 review from forum member (AlexK) here https://www.testdriven.co.uk/volvo-xc40-review/ with reference to his tale of woe re delivery dates.
Good review AlexK. A lot more informative than the majority seen to date. Thankfully I haven’t experienced as many niggles as you endured on your test drive, but the report gives a very balanced opinion which is both detailed and objective. Again, commiserations on your ordering experience.
Last edited by pjm007 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Oh what a surprise! My 20 June delivery date is now 11 July. Of course I have zero confidence it’ll appear even then.

It’s not the end of the world, but come on Volvo - either sort your supply chain or stop taking new orders. And either way get some proactive customer comms. These are £40k worth of car we’re talking about, not a loaf of bread.
D4 Inscription
ste12

Post by ste12 »

Looks like there's quite a few of us now with dates around mid July. Wonder if some of the delayed end of June deliveries are all getting rolled into one largish shipment to UK (rather than the odd cars delivered here and there to date) to be more cost effective for Volvo shipping. It looked like AlexKs cancelled order had gone back in and around that date too. I could be totally wrong but it may be next week there is a bit of a UK focus (or even right hand drive) in the production/build slots. There doesn't appear looking at what people have ordered that's there's any particular focus on engine or model variant in the mid July expected deliveries.
mvrooij

Post by mvrooij »

KentishWelsh wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 am Oh what a surprise! My 20 June delivery date is now 11 July. Of course I have zero confidence it’ll appear even then.

It’s not the end of the world, but come on Volvo - either sort your supply chain or stop taking new orders. And either way get some proactive customer comms. These are £40k worth of car we’re talking about, not a loaf of bread.
You are not the only one. Me and my colleague ordered our XC40 R-Designs at December first. Our first delivery date was May 28th. Then June 18th, and now its again moved to 10th of July... Its not really the service you expect from Volvo. (we are from the Netherlands, so no UK delivery).
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

mvrooij wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 am
KentishWelsh wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 am Oh what a surprise! My 20 June delivery date is now 11 July. Of course I have zero confidence it’ll appear even then.

You are not the only one. My and my colleague ordered our XC40 R-Design at December first. Our first delivery date was May 28th. Then June 18th, and now its again moved to 10th of July... Its not really the service you expect from Volvo. (we are from the Netherlands, so no UK delivery).
I know it’s a wider problem, but in a way that makes it worse. They’ve had months to get a grip of their issue and to start telling people what’s happening without you having to ask. Instead, just more advertising!

My MOT is up in September and I’ve got a long distance drive for holidays in August. If Volvo can’t deliver by then I’ll be spectacularly pissed off, but I guess they have us over a barrel: even if you decide to walk away now there’s few other options that’re quicker.
D4 Inscription
ste12

Post by ste12 »

To add to things, there is apparently the factory holiday shutdown coming up (16 July - 5 August). So, if the batch of mid July deliveries don't arrive as per latest comms some of us are receiving, then the date we hear after that could be really hard to swallow.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Phone call this morning to say my car never arrived on Friday as promised but now allocated to next Friday.
Getting annoyed at the complete lack of professionalism shown by Volvo and have told Jon Wakefield exactly that.
XC40 D4 First Edition Crystal White 20" wheels