Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shaenei wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:38 pm
Bob wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:51 pm I finally have an actual date!
It's due at the dealers 2nd October, then a few days before delivery. We'll see!
Did Alan say what level of confidence he has in that date holding? as that's the first time I think either of us have had anything more than a certain month timeframe.

Fingers crossed only 2 months until we both have our cars
No, I didn't push him, but hopefully it won't be too far out.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:01 pm
Bob wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:51 pm I finally have an actual date!
It's due at the dealers 2nd October, then a few days before delivery. We'll see!
Did Alan say what level of confidence he has in that date holding? as that's the first time I think either of us have had anything more than a certain month timeframe.

Hopefully 😁

Wonder if we'll be able to get some freebies for our waits
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shaenei wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 pm
Bob wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Hopefully 😁

Wonder if we'll be able to get some freebies for our waits
We can only try, I may try and get some rubber mats and/or a boot liner?
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

Mezzo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:42 pm Hi thanks I ordered last weekend in March
but getting very little info you can’t order them here in U.K. either now until next year
But wondered if anyone else had any experiences .
I ordered on the 15th March and is currently due for delivery on the 12th September, this was confirmed several months ago and have spoken to my dealer since and date still good.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
ProMo-T3

Post by ProMo-T3 »

Mezzo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:19 am Hi has anyone had or got a build date or updates for r design t3 or actually has anyone received their t3 ? thanx
Ordered my T3 (not R design) first week in April and got a text today saying delivery date is 3rd Oct. Not seen any T3's out on the road but have seen a fair few D3's. Wondering if I should've gone diesel now for earlier delivery lol.
B4 Inscription Pro AWD in Glacier Silver with all extra packs 12th Oct 21
Previously had a T3 Momentum Pro in Ice White for 3 years with tinted rears and 19's
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

ProMo-T3 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Mezzo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:19 am Hi has anyone had or got a build date or updates for r design t3 or actually has anyone received their t3 ? thanx
Ordered my T3 (not R design) first week in April and got a text today saying delivery date is 3rd Oct. Not seen any T3's out on the road but have seen a fair few D3's. Wondering if I should've gone diesel now for earlier delivery lol.
I've seen more T3's around where I am than D3's actually.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
ProMo-T3

Post by ProMo-T3 »

[/quote]

I've seen more T3's around where I am than D3's actually.
[/quote]

May be because I'm surrounded by motorways where I live possibly then. Didn't think about that til now.
B4 Inscription Pro AWD in Glacier Silver with all extra packs 12th Oct 21
Previously had a T3 Momentum Pro in Ice White for 3 years with tinted rears and 19's
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

Thank you to those who replied to my post about anyone who has ordered before 19th Jan and still haven't got their cars. I received a phone call yesterday basically saying the salesman I had been dealing with has left, then saying they are a whole new team. Tried to explain bit of history about my order, he didn't know about xc40 delivery problems or any of the history of my order. I am at a lost cause! I emailed Gavin Moolman who is Volvo uk's distribution manager as I don't where else to turn.
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

Mr Moolman replied very quickly and actually said car is en route to the UK. I can't fault the man replying that quick and he took the time to look into it for me. Thanks
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Had a funny experience at the weekend. Attended a local riverside festival at which there was a section where local dealers were showing new cars. Spotted Marshals Volvo so I popped in to have a look at and sit in an XC40, it’s been so long since I ordered I’ve forgotten what it looks/feels like!
The salesperson walked me over to where the XC40 was supposed to be but was alarmed to find it wasn’t there! It turns out it had been removed back to the dealers overnight as it had been attracting so much interest that nobody was interested in the other models on show ;0)
It was being climbed over so much that I guess that they were worried about wear and tear.

I told the salesperson why I wanted to see it and ironically she asked me when mine was due for delivery! I thought that was their job. The wait goes on.....and on.....and on.....
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.