Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Picked mine up this morning.

I’ll say this: denim blue on the Inscription looks flipping gorgeous.

Now just need to work out how to use all the bits. My first car 15 years ago was a Renault 5 campus (L reg). This one is a tiiiiny bit more advanced than that!
D4 Inscription

aj05

Post by aj05 »

hi kentishwelsh congrats how about picture this same as I have on order only seen colour on another model not on xc40
brumb

Post by brumb »

I picked this point up from the Jaguar Fpace forum. I can do no better than paste the appropriate posting. Just insert Volvo for Jaguar

I have been advised that my car whilst being built on schedule may not be released because Jaguar hasn’t sorted itself out yet under the new World Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) requirements. This procedure will become mandatory on vehicles registered on or after 1st September 2018. I understand this is something to do with CO2 emissions and their relationship to VED. Apparently no new cars will be released until JLR and all other manufacturers have complied with the new requirements. More information regarding this may be found if you follow this URL: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/wltp.asp

I had a look at the above site and it tells me all the information for a 2018 Model Year F-Pace (under the old Euro6 standard) but there is no data there for the 2019 Model Year which is the standard that my order will be built to (according to the Order Sheet). This leads me to believe that JLR have not completed their testing as yet, or have not verified the new data required with the VCA. This is not a simple process and I would like to know if this may impact the proposed hand-over date of 1st September 2018 to me.

Have a look for yourselves at the entries for the XC40 - happy to be shown to be wrong.

http://carfueldata.direct.gov.uk/
XC40 Inscription Pro 4WD Auto - Bright Silver/Blonde/19”/Ordered Early March/Arrived 7 August
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Not an issue for Volvo I believe as they've apparently sorted their whole range out ready

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufa ... -with-wltp
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

I was warned of this issue when my Audi Q3 was in for it's recent service (apparently the launch of the new Q3 has been delayed because of the WLTP issue, in fact I believe the entire Audi range has failed the tests).
On the way home I called in at my Volvo dealer to ask about latest delivery, and whilst there questioned them about WLTP compliance. They reckoned that all current Volvos meet the requirements.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

Decided to pay my dealer a visit yesterday and much to my delight my XC40 FE has finally arrived! Have arranged to collect the car on Tuesday however... the business manager has emailed over the finance documents (4 year PCP deal) and lo and behold they've removed the dealer contribution which was quoted on their website in February when I placed my order! Given this was on offer when my order was placed I imagine they are obliged to honor it?
FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Neil76 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:21 pm Decided to pay my dealer a visit yesterday and much to my delight my XC40 FE has finally arrived! Have arranged to collect the car on Tuesday however... the business manager has emailed over the finance documents (4 year PCP deal) and lo and behold they've removed the dealer contribution which was quoted on their website in February when I placed my order! Given this was on offer when my order was placed I imagine they are obliged to honor it?
That’s disgraceful. Who is your dealer? I’m in a similar boat having already signed paperwork with their finance contributions and if they pull a stunt like that with me after all the waiting we’ve all had to endure I’ll be going straight to the press. Fairly certain they can’t do this legally anyway.
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

Thanks for your input Bill... much appreciated. The dealer is Croydon Volvo. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow to sort this out.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Did you not get a copy of the paperwork when you ordered?

I got all the finance stuff when I ordered
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

No I didn't unfortunately. I've had nothing up until now except for a receipt for my deposit.