Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
senwar

Post by senwar »

w/c 23rd April with 24th being mentioned at the moment. Dependent on my own work whereabouts that week though. FE D4
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels

Jibers

Post by Jibers »

Not sure how these dates work out, and I'll believe it once i see it.
But ordered FE in Silver with 20" wheels + Lava last week via work using a Business lease company and they are saying order confirmed, but delivery early SEPTEMBER!!
1 Year In :D - FE AWD D4 bright silver, 20”, Lava, Apple Car Play. Loving it!
Kevlaar

Post by Kevlaar »

I can get T5 FE any colour with charcoal/19" wheels, no headlamp washers, beginning May
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Heck - that's a long way off! Are they just giving some bunce to make them look good when it arrives "early"? Either that or the last week has gone mental on global sales and that is the new true timescale??? Furthest out I think we've seen on this forum.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Kevlaar

Post by Kevlaar »

I think that's because all dealers have run out, my dealer managed to secure some extra slots so pretty lucky I guess. Only about 7/8 left I think
varavital

Post by varavital »

Our XC40 was ordered at the end of January (in Belgium, where the factory is). At the time of ordering, our dealer said that delivery was probably June or with some luck even May. Two weeks later our dealer already said delivery should be August or maybe July, delivery for newly ordered cars at that time was October. Last week he mentioned that cars ordered at that moment would have delivery December or even January of next year...

See also https://www.autogids.be/autonieuws/indu ... 6ipR36mSon

It’s in Dutch but hey you got Google translate ;-)

So I wonder where you all get those early delivery dates (I’m not speaking about First Editions).
I think we’ll have to wait until end of March to know more about delivery dates. At that time, the factory will be producing non FE. Meanwhile, the factory is in search of 300 more workers to produce the XC40, and they’re looking to expand a bit to the lines where currently the V40 is produced I heard.
I suppose at the moment, even the dealers don’t know for sure. They’ve sold far more XC40’s than expected.
The road is more important than the destination.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

varavital wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:09 pm
See also https://www.autogids.be/autonieuws/indu ... 6ipR36mSon

It’s in Dutch but hey you got Google translate ;-)

Endless delivery periods for new cars

Written by David Leclercq on 26-02-2018

The order of a new car is increasingly accompanied by ever longer waiting times, to the point of ridicule. For some not so special models you have to count on a delivery period of almost a year.

A study published by the newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws shows that the delivery times for a new car today sometimes reach more than a year. The reason for this is the successful car show, which caused a bottleneck in the order books. In addition, customers want to personalize their cars more and more.

56,869 cars in January 2018

In January 2018, 56,869 new cars were ordered, or 10 percent more than in 2017. As a result, the delivery terms promised by the dealers no longer seem feasible. They easily run up to 7 to 8 months, whereas that is normally 4 months. In the worst case, you must wait a year for certain models. For example, a delivery period of 11 months applies to the Volvo XC40. That is severe punishment if you know that it is being built in Belgium.

Personalisation is the problem

A premium brand such as Volvo might even get something like this sold to its customers. But how do you get as Peugeot explained that you must wait a 3008 to September? Or what about Volkswagen, which can deliver its new T-Roc in 8 to 11 months? But there is a statement: more and more people want a tailor-made car and that is harder to manage. For the manufacturers, it is a real industrial nightmare that slows down the whole process. We do not expect that to improve in the future.
Unless perhaps at Mini, which has just opened an interesting 3D printing factory, where parts can be made to measure and can be delivered at home, such as a package. This should undoubtedly ease the work of the car factory itself so that the delivery times for the customer become more acceptable.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

Mostly self-inflicted by the makers I think, it's not so much the personalisation but making more and more an optional extra.

I had ordered a VW Tiguan in January and cancelled it a month later when delivery looked to be in June. Hope Volvo doesn't mess me around with delivery dates too.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Just been told that my T5 FE that had a eta of the 9th March has now been pushed back to the 26th March......not good!
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Alistair72 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:58 am Just been told that my T5 FE that had a eta of the 9th March has now been pushed back to the 26th March......not good!
Suspect the weather both in the UK and Europe may have something to do with this - Will have certainly impacted transportation.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D