Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

jd40 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:57 pm Dealer now says it could be this coming Monday. I hope so

Did he say the build date of the 14th from Volvo was correct? I got an email from Volvo saying that mine was being built on the 7th and still have heard nothing from the dealer. That would be great if yours arrives on Monday.

MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Not sure how good these Volvo email updates are... I received one stating that my car had begun production about 3 days before I picked it up!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

MrParkson wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:23 pm Not sure how good these Volvo email updates are... I received one stating that my car had begun production about 3 days before I picked it up!
How do Volvo decide when to send these emails? It doesn’t seem difficult for them to be accurate but if the Volvo build tracker App was also way off it must be harder than I imagine!
GerVO

Post by GerVO »

I heard form my dealer in the NL that they (the local dealer that is) keep the car for about a week (....) to themselves in order to do pre delivery checks and service.
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Dealer today says it’s built and should be with him for Monday handover after PDI so there appears to be a delay in releasing information.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Alistair72 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:29 pm
How do Volvo decide when to send these emails?
I never got one email from Volvo. My dealer got the car delivered late on the Wednesday afternoon. PDi'd the next day and I collected it on the Friday afternoon.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

pjm007 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Alistair72 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:29 pm
How do Volvo decide when to send these emails?
I never got one email from Volvo. My dealer got the car delivered late on the Wednesday afternoon. PDi'd the next day and I collected it on the Friday afternoon.
You seem to have a very good dealer especially as you said they changed your allocated car order to get it earlier. My dealer experience so far has not been great but I live in hope my car will suddenly arrive!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I've yet to find a dealer that does the comms "well". I do have some sympathy though as 1. often there isn't much to update on, well not until the car hits the production line, and 2. if they provided daily updates it's likely that one member of staff would be tied up for a morning (or longer) just doing those updates (think of how many cars might be in your dealers system other than "yours").

That said why on earth in this day and age can't manufacturers just have a real time information system that is available to customers to see (even if restricted to key dates). You'd think that the dealers would be crying out for that.... Umm then again they might then spend more time trying to explain why dates have moved (and they won't necessarily know why).

Transparency though would improve the process/experience no end.

As it is I have a vague indication of a build date and delivery date - and no confidence in either. Of course it will arrive, be driven and all will be well with the world once more.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

Andy S wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:36 pm
Chrsmi wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:34 pm Ordered mine this afternoon, estimated late June/early July - excited :)
What have you ordered?
D4 First Edition, Osmium Grey, Lava Carpet, 19" Alloys :)
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Alistair72 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 pm
You seem to have a very good dealer especially as you said they changed your allocated car order to get it earlier. My dealer experience so far has not been great but I live in hope my car will suddenly arrive!
Yes - no complaints at all about my dealer. Very flexible all round, and a loan car for a short period.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o