Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
truckerdan

Post by truckerdan »

What is the time frame from ordering an xc40 to it being delivered to a customer, I was told by a dealership in Hull today, that if I ordered an xc40 it wouldn’t be ready till next year due to supply and demand, is this really true, it does seem an awfully long time.

chelsey

Post by chelsey »

Finally had an update from the dealer.. build date 31st August, delivery to dealership 12th September!
Black Stone D3 R Design XC40|Ordered 10/03|Collecting on 22/09
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Also have delivery date of September. Has anyone been given details of the interim V40 loan car scheme that Volvo mentioned some time ago? Has anyone taken up the offer of a loaner? Is the scheme actually real
T5 FE Bursting Blue 19” Wheels plus Towbar
Macksher

Post by Macksher »

Yes it’s real
I’ve got a loan brand new v40 !

I’m paying a reasonable weekly instalment and have to insure it although I’ve done this through the dealer as my insurer wouldn’t cover it
Not thrilled about it but I have no other option
My car delivery date has slipped to end October from June so a long time
Bhowani

Post by Bhowani »

Totally agreed! My dealer, many miles "darn sarth" form where I live, is unable to supply a T4 Test Drive at the moment. It ain't his fault, and it must be very frustrating for the dealers nationwide. Fortunately my V60 will not implode any time soon, but I am normally change at 5 years, and this won't happen this year." Patience is a virtue...................."
2019 XC40 T4 - Denim Blue
Jsuter

Post by Jsuter »

Dealers are currently placing more orders than they sold cars, in order to satisfy future customers. As soon as delivery start to improve they will start canceling those non sold orders, and we will see massively fast availability ...
T4 Inscription - Pine Grey - Blond Interieur - All packs - 18‘ rim - 4c Suspension - Ordered end of March delivered 24.5.18
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

The next problem I hear from people is that their car is produced but the Factory has problems getting the produced cars of the holding area. The shipping of the cars from the Factory to the dealers is now the problem. 😔

For UK customers perhaps not so much of a problem since your cars are driving on a boat and shipped to the UK.

For us European customer it goes by truck. 😔
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

MichelR wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:03 am The next problem I hear from people is that their car is produced but the Factory has problems getting the produced cars of the holding area. The shipping of the cars from the Factory to the dealers is now the problem. 😔

For UK customers perhaps not so much of a problem since your cars are driving on a boat and shipped to the UK.

For us European customer it goes by truck. 😔
That according to the dealer is my problem. He tells me it is produced and should have been here by Friday last but it is still at the factory and wont be here until mid June !

Although only just got an email from Volvo to say they have just started to build it.
XC40 D4 First Edition Crystal White 20" wheels
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Looks like mine's built...

built.jpg

MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

chingf0rd wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm Looks like mine's built...
A clean set of dates compared to some we have seen. Promising! Next - an actual port date?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o