Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
dew

Post by dew »

And it looks like the rumours that the End of August scheduled deliveries (instead of July) were a system error, must be right, as I've got a phone call from my dealer saying that my FE arrived today and I can probably pick it up on Saturday. We shall see ;)
FE crystal white D4 ordered 5th of March.... initial delivery 9th of June, postponed already 4 time...now delivery potentially 20th of August

Dutchie01

Post by Dutchie01 »

The factory in Belgium is way oversold with an annual capacity of 90.000 cars and 80.000 sold in just 3 months. On top of that the forecast spec was totally wrong. As no history with this model Volvo took the v40 as example so 60k momentum 15k r design etc. Reality is that majority of orders coming in are for fully loaded high spec models from audi/bmw/merc/jag drivers that simply tick all the boxes when ordering. so if you forecasted 15k high end stereoś from your supplier try to get double or triple overnight... That is why Rdesign could not be ordered anymore this year why there are no marketingactivities. Volvo heavily underestimated demand.

By the way i am getting mine next week white T4 Rdesign.

Post by 01142007 »

I should take delivery in September T3 Momentum, asked dealer for an update and a print out, just told me he cant see my order on tge system and needs to speak to main man tomorrow.

Also said that they have only had a handful of cars delivered at the moment, volvo aware and have told dealers to keep customers happy which i can only imagine free or discounted accessories.
brumb

Post by brumb »

Further to my previous posting I have, at last, secured a delivery date for my vehicle of 7 August 2018. Why it is taking a little over a week I can’t quite understand but I am at the stage of not really fussing about this particular point. The countdown begins.....
XC40 Inscription Pro 4WD Auto - Bright Silver/Blonde/19”/Ordered Early March/Arrived 7 August
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

01142007 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm I should take delivery in September T3 Momentum, asked dealer for an update and a print out, just told me he cant see my order on the system and needs to speak to main man tomorrow.

Also said that they have only had a handful of cars delivered at the moment, Volvo aware and have told dealers to keep customers happy which i can only imagine free or discounted accessories.
Pretty shocking response from the dealer. Ask for the General Manager!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

More bad news yesterday..
My car is being build Monday 10 September but it seems it will be at my dealer on the 24th of September.
Then it takes another week to get it ready so delivery to me will be 1 October..
Imagine that I ordered my car in October last year.. :-( Not happy at all.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

I am going to email Volvo uk and see if I can get any answers. I ordered my FE on the 19th January, seeing how many people now are still waiting for their cars that have ordered before mine from the Uk? My current date is 20th August, 7 months after ordering. It was made on the 30th May, guessing still sat in a car park 2 and a bit months later.
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

@Tomtimmyturbo -> Parklots at factory should be cleared by now.. Next week production starts up again in Ghent.
Good luck.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

It's still there apparently! Wish I had some written evidence from Volvo about this so I could take it to the dealer and say cars are all clear where is it.

Tom
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.

Post by 01142007 »

01142007 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm I should take delivery in September T3 Momentum, asked dealer for an update and a print out, just told me he cant see my order on tge system and needs to speak to main man tomorrow.

Also said that they have only had a handful of cars delivered at the moment, volvo aware and have told dealers to keep customers happy which i can only imagine free or discounted accessories.
Just heard back, i hqve a build date of 7th September and then ship across to the UK. Looking like 18th September to collect.

Been told that as a build date has been allocated this will now be stuck to now :)