Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mvrooij

Post by mvrooij »

Optimist wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 am Phone call this morning to say my car never arrived on Friday as promised but now allocated to next Friday.
Getting annoyed at the complete lack of professionalism shown by Volvo and have told Jon Wakefield exactly that.
When did you place your order?

KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Optimist wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 am Phone call this morning to say my car never arrived on Friday as promised but now allocated to next Friday.
Getting annoyed at the complete lack of professionalism shown by Volvo and have told Jon Wakefield exactly that.
Maybe it’s an issue peculiar to the XC40, but I can’t see how dealers can run their businesses if the delivery of their products has such uncertainty and seeming randomness attached to it. Must be a nightmare for them!
D4 Inscription
brumb

Post by brumb »

As has been said, there appears to be a whole bunch of us expecting mid/late July delivery.

I have been looking at alternatives for a few weeks and preparing myself to be disappointed by Volvo.

If I eventually cancel, the car will be taken by someone else and good luck to them. This will be a life lesson learned for sure (bit late in the day admittedly) and the one outcome I would like to see is that Volvo learn some lessons as well.

Ps - I thought Alex’s review was excellent.
XC40 Inscription Pro 4WD Auto - Bright Silver/Blonde/19”/Ordered Early March/Arrived 7 August
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

BA777 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm I think we need to hire someone to fly a private plane over wherever these unfinished cars are being stored to get some evidence. I'm very unhappy with my October ETA given I ordered at start of February. The clue is in the name...First Edition! We should've been the first ones built and out on the road by now, my paperwork said ETA 31st March! Dealer has denied any avilability of V40 lease being available to me.
I ordered the beginning of April so only a month later than you. I still have no build date, I got a generic email a couple of days ago just telling me that I'll be expecting my car at the end of December. I am not impressed.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Taff

Post by Taff »

Taff wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am Just had a call from my dealer telling me that due to me ordering the Winter Pack with heated screen Volvo are not confirming any orders with this pack until after September, so have now changed order to Winter Pack with heated steering wheel, fingers crossed I now get order confirmation.
Had a call from the dealer yesterday giving me a delivery date of 12th September, so earlier than I actually want it, as current contract doesn't end until end October.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

q3billy wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 pm
BA777 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm I think we need to hire someone to fly a private plane over wherever these unfinished cars are being stored to get some evidence. I'm very unhappy with my October ETA given I ordered at start of February. The clue is in the name...First Edition! We should've been the first ones built and out on the road by now, my paperwork said ETA 31st March! Dealer has denied any avilability of V40 lease being available to me.
I ordered the beginning of April so only a month later than you. I still have no build date, I got a generic email a couple of days ago just telling me that I'll be expecting my car at the end of December. I am not impressed.
Just got a call with a confirmed build date of 3rd October at long last - slightly better than expected. I ordered early April.
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

Ordered 19th January still waiting. It meant to be 6th July now but it had a build day come and go end of May. It has a vin no. It sounds like it’s built but sitting in a car park missing parts. Hiring a car at the minute I really will have to cancel order if it gets delayed again. There not much I can do as can’t keep hiring a car. I dunno if anyone else who is waiting has ordered before 19th January?

Tom
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

tomtimmyturbo wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 pm Ordered 19th January still waiting. It meant to be 6th July now but it had a build day come and go end of May. It has a vin no. It sounds like it’s built but sitting in a car park missing parts. Hiring a car at the minute I really will have to cancel order if it gets delayed again. There not much I can do as can’t keep hiring a car. I dunno if anyone else who is waiting has ordered before 19th January?

Tom
Hi Tom
I ordered 21st Jan and my current date is 3rd of July. (5th date I’ve been given). I’ll be honest I don’t have any faith that it will arrive on the 3rd and in the meantime I’ve been looking at other cars! Absolute nightmare. Been into the dealers today and they printed me off the latest update. It was a laugh to see ‘promised delivery date, april’ on it!!
Rach
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

An amazing vehicle that you must all wait for, don't be disappointed and cancel and then order a run of the mill vehicle, try and be patient, it is very hard I ordered 15th March and have been told September 12. They may change this date but as long as it's built properly and comes with all the extras I'll be a happy man.

I've had Volvo's for about 20 years now and have waited at least 3 months from order for each vehicle, but due to the major success of this vehicle and manufacturing issues due to 80,000 orders world wide the wait is much much longer and is around 1/5 of all Volvo yearly orders in 4 months

I looked at the baby Jaguar SUV and it is no where near as good as the XC40 and I'm not interested in your common BMW, Audi or Mercedes, but thats my own personal view

For those who may not know and are hiring a vehicle at present that some dealers are offering a V40 for I believe £50 a week, may be worth a call to your dealer for advice as I'm sure this would be a cheaper option.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

I think I wouldn’t find a better car for the market. I would hate to cancel. But your left in a position that I guess there is nothing else you can do. It would be fine I guess if you definitely trusted a date it was coming but the worry is the change of dates. You can’t keep borrowing cars and hiring them to change again.

I asked about v40 but there only offering it to people waiting over 4 months, my argument is though if you keep extending the date it might be 4 months!

Also I guess it gripes at me that I don’t really think apart from a couple of people on here there is anyone else that has ordered in Jan that still doesn’t have their car! I was seeing if anyone else was before January 19th to make me feel better!!
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.